World Cruise 2012

CASHIPman

I haven't seen any discussion about the 2012 "World Cruise" on the Whisper.

What do folks think about the itinerary? Is anyone going on it, or on any segments?

I may be a bit pedantic but, 'though the itinerary looks great it's not a World Cruise. In my head a world cruise would also need to at least include a Pacific crossing. (Okay, I'll try not to be pedantic any more! ;))

We're thinking about doing the Rio - Cape Town sector. Lots of sea days, interesting ports.

Thoughts anyone?

Craig - FWIW - Rio to Cape Town is my second most favorite itinerary after Norwegian Fjords.

We did it on the Cloud -- FABULOUS! Loved all the sea days, the ports are unique, if you haven't done DINNER IN THE DESERT IN NAMIBIA, you'll miss a lifetime experience.

And -- IT'S WHISPER!!!:)

I'd go for it.......:-)

As you probably know, SB Quest runs a couple days ahead of Whisper, at least for the first fifty days of WC. Tough decision, but we booked Quest.

Had they run Spirit again, there would have been no debate.

Craig - FWIW - Rio to Cape Town is my second most favorite itinerary after Norwegian Fjords.

We did it on the Cloud -- FABULOUS! Loved all the sea days, the ports are unique, if you haven't done DINNER IN THE DESERT IN NAMIBIA, you'll miss a lifetime experience.

And -- IT'S WHISPER!!!:)

I'd go for it.......:-)

Thanks for this! Then why don't you do it again? :)

It's the sea days and Namibia that's the real draw for us. We've been to Rio, St. Helena and Cape Town before. Don't get me wrong...we're thrilled about revisiting those places but Namibia would be new and that dinner in the desert sounds magical.

We booked the last leg, Dubai to Monte Carlo, when we were on the Cloud a few weeks back. There were no Silver Suites left and limited choice on Verandas (but we got what we wanted). And yes, I will take the Whisper over the Spirit any time...;)

Thanks for this! Then why don't you do it again? :)

It's the sea days and Namibia that's the real draw for us. We've been to Rio, St. Helena and Cape Town before. Don't get me wrong...we're thrilled about revisiting those places but Namibia would be new and that dinner in the desert sounds magical.

From the port Walvis Bay - a taxi ride to SWAKOPMUND -- amazing town whose main street is KAISERWILHELMSTRASSE....total timbered buildings reflecting German influence. Amazing shops - especially unique fine jewelry and gems. One of the highlights of the voyage was discovery of this place.

Archived