Re: Upgrade Fairy

Majkman

Silly question that I'm sure has been answered 1,000 times already. We're located on the Aloha Deck in a baclony room (Categaory BC) for our upcoming Canada/New England cruise. We're now 56 days out from cruising. IF (picture a huge IF) the Upgrade Fairy were to visit, did she miss us already or if she was to visit what could I expect as a gift from her? Would it be just a category move (like BB) or into a mini-suite (such as AD)? I'm not holding my breath because I couldn't hold it that long. Just curious like a cat!

Thanks and have a great day,

Andy

The Upgrade Fairy is fickle and appears random. Upgrades can happen any time up to check-in at the pier. That said, it's really based on supply and demand: the number of people requesting a specific cabin category and the number of cabins in that category available. The default for all bookings is that you would accept an upgrade so the vast majority of the cabins are eligible for an upgrade. Whether you have a chance or not depends on whether the ship isn't sold out and demand for your category. The vast majority of so-called "upgrades" are the exact same cabin category in a different location. If you are offered an upgrade, it'll probably be the exact same cabin type.

Good luck!

Silly question that I'm sure has been answered 1,000 times already. We're located on the Aloha Deck in a baclony room (Categaory BC) for our upcoming Canada/New England cruise. We're now 56 days out from cruising. IF (picture a huge IF) the Upgrade Fairy were to visit, did she miss us already or if she was to visit what could I expect as a gift from her? Would it be just a category move (like BB) or into a mini-suite (such as AD)? I'm not holding my breath because I couldn't hold it that long. Just curious like a cat!

Andy

They call her the Upgrade Fairy because she moves in mysterious ways (or not at all) and any time she feels like it (or not).

You never know when the Upgrade Fairy will dispense her blessings. Sometimes it is long before sailing, other times people learn they have been bless when they are checking in.

Most upgrades are to a cabin of the same type, such as from BC to BB or BA. However, some are to a better type of cabin, like a mini in your case.

Andy

Right now you are mid ship on a decent deck. What if the fairy gave you C101 or 102. Would you be happy there? That is an upgrade. Don't count on getting a mini suite and that could be in a bad location too. You are best off staying where you will be happiest and don't be concerned with upgrades. Just because it is an upgrade doesn't mean it's better. The Riviera Deck would be an upgrade too. An upgrade to the Riviera Deck cured us from ever going with a guarantee again. It was so noisy it was horrible. Now we just pick the cabin we want and stick with it.

10 days before we sailed we (group of 4 cabins) were moved from category AA Mini Suites to category PH Penthouse Suites.

I found out that the AA category was waitlisted. So Princess was really interested in being able to sell additional mini suites in the category we had.

It was great.

Most of the Sapphire on the 24 Sept cruise is wait-listed. It seems that the only rooms that aren't wait listed, are the inside staterooms. I have a AC mini-suite and am wondering if the upgrade fairy sprinkles us with her blessings to a full suite. :D

Leaving on Sea to Alaska on 6-29. Booked a Guar. Cat. N inside. Last week checked Personalizer and had been assigned cabin C709, Cat. J

This morning I checked again and now are in A225, Cat. CC deluxe oceanview.

I must have been a very good girl to have this nice upgrade.

So, in answer to previous questions about getting upgraded twice, yes, it can happen.

We are very excited now.

Hope others have good luck also.

Joanne

Leaving on Sea to Alaska on 6-29. Booked a Guar. Cat. N inside. Last week checked Personalizer and had been assigned cabin C709, Cat. J

So, in answer to previous questions about getting upgraded twice, yes, it can happen.

We are very excited now.

Joanne

Very cool!!!!!

Andy

We've been visited by the upgrade fairy twice... Once was 2-3 days prior to the cruise (upgrade from an outside cabin to an outside with balcony). Second time was a few weeks prior to the cruise we were upgraded from a Mini Suite to a Full suite. Depends on how full the cruise is at the time. They seel the cheaper cabins out and are left with the more expensive. If there is demand for the cheaper they move folks up.

We are very excited now.

Joanne

2 words for you Joanne.....JEALOUS! :o

Archived