Pan Pacific Hotel

Eventide331

Has anyone stayed at the Pan Pacific Hotel? We are going to be there in August pre-cruise (Westerdam to Alaska) and are curious how we should get there from airport and then to pier etc. Hoping it is as good a hotel!

Any feedback appreciated!

It is a very nice hotel. I've stayed there many times.

To get to the pier if your ship is leaving from Canada Place you literally just exit the hotel and you take a very short walk and you are there. If you can't manage all of your luggage yourself, one of the hotels bellmen can help you. We have arranged for a private car when going from the airport over to the hotel. If you can manage your luggage you could take the train that now goes out the airport over there.

Keith

I think the OP is asking about the Pan Pacific in Seattle, not the one in Vancouver BC. (OP, it helps to mention the city in your post. If you said you're staying at the Hilton, nobody would know where you're talking about.)

If so, then it's a new hotel, very nice, located outside the downtown core but accessible from downtown on the Lake Union Streetcar. There are some excellent restaurants in the same complex, a big Whole Foods market right downstairs, and some fun shopping and strolling nearby - a very up-and-coming location.

However it's not especially convenient to the pier (Terminal 91) where HAL docks, so your best option to get there is a taxi, probably in the $15 - $20 range all in.

From the airport, the Pan Pacific can be reached using a combination of light rail to the Westlake station, then schlepping bags up to the street level and using the streetcar (the station being next to Westlake) OR you can just take a taxi or towncar from the airport straight to the hotel, figure around $50.

Thanks, Keith! I have not had the pleasure of visiting Vancouver. Debated between leaving from there or Seattle. Airfare was cheaper for me going R/T Seattle. Came down to dollars as many decsions do. Thanks for your help:)

Archived