Infinity Alaska CC1 Aft 7203 or Sky Suite 6146

yayvacation!

I can't make a decision so I thought I would confer with the experts for help!! We are headed to Alaska in August, currently we have CC1 Aft 7203 with an extra deep balcony booked and confirmed. But... Sky Suite 6146 just had a price drop that might make it worth our while to switch, the only downside is that the balcony isn't nearly as deep.

Do you think I would use the balcony space a lot in Alaska? Does the Aft offer better views than the starboard side? Am I even going to use the balcony or will I be up on the top deck for 360 degree viewing?!

Help is appreciated!! :D:)

I guess my take is a bit different. If you always travel in suites, you might find that aft CC a bit small. Yes, the veranda in the SS is not as deep, but it is quite a bit wider. I've been to Alaska twice. The views from either side of the ship are usually quite good. If they're not, you can go up on deck. When you're in a place like Hubbard Glacier, the captain will rotate the ship so everyone gets a view. So, if it were me, I'd go for the larger, nicer cabin.

We like you normally do suites, but for Alaska I wanted an aft (I think we may have had that very same cabin you have) for many of the same reasons others have said. The views are outstanding, and again no wind as you would have being on the sides of the ship. Although the cabin is a bit small (especially if you are used to having a suite), most Alaska cruises are very port intensive so how much time will you really be spending in your cabin? Nothing beat laying in one of the loungers with a blanket in the morning with some hot tea taking in the beautiful scenery. Also, when the ship went to the Hubbard Glacier we first were all the way forward (where the helipad is), but then when the captain turned the ship around, we ran back to our room and had our own spectatular view up close and personal right from our balcony! On the sea days, I would sit out on the balcony and read- quite relaxing and I didn't think for one minute about missing out on having a bigger cabin! I think if this were a longer cruise, or one with a lot of sea days then the decision may be a bit more difficult as I do enjoy having the space, but for this particular sailing, I would stick with what you have and save the money for excursions which can get quite expensive there depending on what you do!

Just my 2 cents,

Jenny:)

Archived