Chef's Galley on QM2

TransatPhd

Hi, all,

It's my first trip on the QM2, and I'm just wondering if booking the Chef's Galley dinner is worth it or not. Has it been entertaining or awkward? Is the food better, worse, or similar to the caliber of food offered in the Britannia? My husband and I are definitely foodies and would be interested in doing so if the "demonstration" is pitched towards a more knowledgeable consumer/cook.

Thanks for any impression you can give me.

Shawna

Hi, all,

It's my first trip on the QM2, and I'm just wondering if booking the Chef's Galley dinner is worth it or not. Has it been entertaining or awkward? Is the food better, worse, or similar to the caliber of food offered in the Britannia? My husband and I are definitely foodies and would be interested in doing so if the "demonstration" is pitched towards a more knowledgeable consumer/cook.

Thanks for any impression you can give me.

Shawna

We did it a few years back. It's kind of like watching a demo on the food network. They do pair some nice wines with the meal(you may decline them,if you don't like wine)Overall we thought it was worth it. My partner(who's a chef,himself) got pretty chummy with the chef & got a good 2 hour tour of the entire food process area the next day. It's amazing how they get all that food done for up to 2000+ pax.

My wife and I did one Chefs Gallery dinner last fall - and we are definitely planning on doing it again for our next trip.

There are only a couple of dozen seats - and there is a chef, sous chef [and a couple of other folks in the kitchen] with four servers [and a visit from our Britannia Sommelier]

I haven't tried to duplicate the recipie at home - but it's with the rest of our souvenirs from the trip :)

I would definitely recommend the Chef's Galley. My husband and I especially enjoyed French Night -- the steaks were outstanding - along with everything else featured on the menu. Chef Gopee who does the demonstration is excellent - he's from Mauritius! At the time that we were on the QM2, we understood that the "previous" chef had not won a lot of fans; however, Chef Gopee is very personable. All of the various dinners are quite popular, with the exception of Canyon Ranch. The show starts promptly at 7:00 pm! Don't be late!!

I would definitely recommend the Chef's Galley. My husband and I especially enjoyed French Night -- the steaks were outstanding - along with everything else featured on the menu. Chef Gopee who does the demonstration is excellent - he's from Mauritius! At the time that we were on the QM2, we understood that the "previous" chef had not won a lot of fans; however, Chef Gopee is very personable. All of the various dinners are quite popular, with the exception of Canyon Ranch. The show starts promptly at 7:00 pm! Don't be late!!

We were there for the Canyon Ranch - and it was hardly a low calorie event [sherry cream sauce :-) ]

Archived