Looking to book have questions....

ksmommyof4

My husband and I have been on 1 cruise (Western Liberty) before and we had our travel agent book everything for us. Now we want to take our boys on a cruise but we want to book it. I have a few questions.

1. Which price is better to book at Early Saver or Past Guest and why?

2. When it says upgrades for Past Guest price what are those upgrades?

3. We want to book 1 balcony and 1 interior across the hall from each other. Our plan is for my husband and I to be in the balcony and the 4 boys in the interior although my 6 year old will most likely be with us once it comes bed time lol. I know I have to book it with 1 adult per room. I was going to book it as 3 in the balcony and 3 in the interior but when I do that sometimes it says at the top that there is a restriction. Are there certain balconys and interiors that fit only 3? I would like I guess if I could book a balcony that fit 3 and the interior fit 4.....what do I need to look for when booking it online?

I think thats it for now. Thanks all of you were a big help in planning my first cruise so thats why I am here again.

My husband and I have been on 1 cruise (Western Liberty) before and we had our travel agent book everything for us. Now we want to take our boys on a cruise but we want to book it. I have a few questions.

1. Which price is better to book at Early Saver or Past Guest and why?

Early Saver is usually going to be the best price, but you need to read all of the restrictions before you book it.

2. When it says upgrades for Past Guest price what are those upgrades?

The upgrades should show when you book, but they will always be in the same category: Inside to Inside - OV to OV - you will not book an Inside and get an upgrade to a Balcony Cabin.

3. We want to book 1 balcony and 1 interior across the hall from each other. Our plan is for my husband and I to be in the balcony and the 4 boys in the interior although my 6 year old will most likely be with us once it comes bed time lol. I know I have to book it with 1 adult per room. I was going to book it as 3 in the balcony and 3 in the interior but when I do that sometimes it says at the top that there is a restriction. Are there certain balconys and interiors that fit only 3? I would like I guess if I could book a balcony that fit 3 and the interior fit 4.....what do I need to look for when booking it online?

Look at the Ship Deck Plans to find out what the room occupancy is. You should be able to book 2-4 in a balcony, and an Inside Quad, but you need to read the deck plans in order to know which rooms to book.

I think thats it for now. Thanks all of you were a big help in planning my first cruise so thats why I am here again.

Have a great cruise!

Honestly I would call Carnival directly or find a PVP to book through. They know the ins & outs of the rooms and could probably help you a lot quicker then trying to do both the rooms online yourself. Especially with kids, I would want to make sure everything is right. If you book 3 in a quad room, they say there are chances you could be bumped and the last thing you would want is the kids bumped.

Sometimes, especially during peak periods, you cannot underbook a cabin. i.e a cabin that holds 4 and put only 3 in it.

ES rate has no name changes, cannot downgrade, and nonrefundable deposit. so its much more restrictive. the only good thing is you can get price drops past final payment which you cannot with past guest.

To get a inside across from a balcony, then once you find such a combo that fits your family of 6 (not always easy) .. then you would have to play with the rates and see if the past guest with free upgrades, give you a better rate on each cabin or ES where there are never any free upgrades, so each deck up is more $$$ than the "starting from" rate.

Honestly I would call Carnival directly or find a PVP to book through. They know the ins & outs of the rooms and could probably help you a lot quicker then trying to do both the rooms online yourself. Especially with kids, I would want to make sure everything is right. If you book 3 in a quad room, they say there are chances you could be bumped and the last thing you would want is the kids bumped.

OP will eventually have to call someone anyway to link the two bookings so both cabins eat at the same table.

OP will eventually have to call someone anyway to link the two bookings so both cabins eat at the same table.

Another thing to consider is that the third person in the balcony room would cost more than the third or fourth person in the inside. I would call a PVP and work it out.

Good Point on both comments...:)

I would book a balcony for two and an interior for 4 across the hall (I have done this a couple times). It will be cheaper and if the seven year old doesn't want to sleep with his brothers, the couch in the balcony room is more than big enough.....my 11 year old slept there a couple nights when fighting with sisters. I would definitely use a PVP, they are very helpful.

Archived