What the heck? Note: Electronic cigarettes are only allowed in smoking areas????

popsec

I think it is the start of a new era for cruising,

first no smoking,

then no drinking,

no over eating

and finally they can bring back shuffle board!

Oh, horrors!......might as well stay home :eek:

I think this is an idiot policy. Its saying we don't want you to do anything that anyone might find offensive by doing something that isn't offensive but someone might think it is if they don't know what your doing.

BTW - I use a zero-nicotine liquid and I know exactly what is in it because I make it myself. Cinnamon is my favorite.

Saw this at bottom of FAQs on Carnival's website:

Note: Electronic cigarettes or e-cigarettes are only allowed in the designated smoking areas

Is Carnival nuts? There's finally a way to appease the non-smokers with e-cig use and now the brass at Carnival want to relegate the e-cig users back to the smoking areas? I'm not sure how they dare make such a move as states haven't even banned them from non-smoking areas (although a few have tried).

Since I was a 2 1/2 pack a day smoker who hasn't had a real cig in over 2 years I sure don't want to have to sit in a smoking section to use my e-cig

I would imagine they did it because its hard to tell a e-cigarette from a real one so if your smoking a e-cigarette in a non-smoking area someone with a real cigarette might think its okay to smoke there and would create a big mess. But i definitely see your reasoning. I wouldn't want to have quit and have to sit amongst smokers...good point!

I would imagine they did it because its hard to tell a e-cigarette from a real one so if your smoking a e-cigarette in a non-smoking area someone with a real cigarette might think its okay to smoke there and would create a big mess. But i definitely see your reasoning. I wouldn't want to have quit and have to sit amongst smokers...good point!

The majority of e-cig's now don't look like real cigarettes. For instance, mine is black, shaped more like a sharpie marker and the only light on it is a blue button on the side and a small blue lighted area on the side at the end of the battery.

The majority of e-cig's now don't look like real cigarettes. For instance, mine is black, shaped more like a sharpie marker and the only light on it is a blue button on the side and a small blue lighted area on the side at the end of the battery.

Well i was judging by 2 people i know that have used them and they look like a cigarette and the end even glows orange when you drag on it.....maybe there is alot on the market of different kinds but i know if i was still a smoker i would want it to look real and not like chewing or sucking on a pen.

Why not wean yourself off ALL of that garbage? Nicotine isn't healthy either!

http://www.electroniccigarettesale.net/2010/02/the-nicotine-dangers-of-electronic-cigarettes/

I know this is not a basher thread, but this statement hit a nerve. Lots of things aren't healthy. Beer, liquor, medications (what about FDA approved medications proved to be harmful and some kill), fatty foods, bacon and nitrates, smog, ..........

Be happy smokers are using alternative means to calm themselves, or would they be better running around with valium or xanax (habit forming too).

Well i was judging by 2 people i know that have used them and they look like a cigarette and the end even glows orange when you drag on it.....maybe there is alot on the market of different kinds but i know if i was still a smoker i would want it to look real and not like chewing or sucking on a pen.

Actually most e-cig users don't want one that looks like a cigarette...there's no way a black one with a blue light on the end can be confused for the "real" thing.

Thanks to all of the excellent information shared on this thread, I am now on my way to being an ex-smoker. I purchased the Tornado Tank mentioned by Gary and haven't had the desire to touch an analog in three days now and don't see it coming either! I'm going to book a cruise with the money I'm saving! :D

I'm glad that my PV doesn't look like a cigarette. The point was to give that up all together. :)

Thanks to all of the excellent information shared on this thread, I am now on my way to being an ex-smoker. I purchased the Tornado Tank mentioned by Gary and haven't had the desire to touch an analog in three days now and don't see it coming either! I'm going to book a cruise with the money I'm saving! :D

I'm glad that my PV doesn't look like a cigarette. The point was to give that up all together. :)

That is so awesome!......congrats! And let us know what cruise you end up booking :D

Yes indeed there are a lot of different kinds on the market now, and its growing every day! The ones that are made to look like real cigarettes tend to be of lower quality. In my experience and from what I have read from others, most vapers move past that pretty quickly and choose their e-cigs for quality battery life and one that meets their own needs. Mine for instance uses tanks for the e-juice which are easy to fill and re-fill and my battery will last most if not all of a day.

I understand what you are saying but frankly I would much rather someone was thinking I was chewing or sucking on a pen than smoking a cigarette.

Saw this at bottom of FAQs on Carnival's website:

Note: Electronic cigarettes or e-cigarettes are only allowed in the designated smoking areas

Is Carnival nuts? There's finally a way to appease the non-smokers with e-cig use and now the brass at Carnival want to relegate the e-cig users back to the smoking areas? I'm not sure how they dare make such a move as states haven't even banned them from non-smoking areas (although a few have tried).

Since I was a 2 1/2 pack a day smoker who hasn't had a real cig in over 2 years I sure don't want to have to sit in a smoking section to use my e-cig

I saw this as well and though it was pretty dumb. :confused: I'm thinking of getting an e-cig (cut down on money spent on cigs) :) and from what I understand, there's no smoke and no smell (someone correct me if I'm worng here) so what does it matter if you smoke them in a non-smoking area or not? :confused: I would think you could smoke them anywhere (even on an airplane) and it wouldn't make a difference. :D I imagine that they're trying to keep people from "smoking" in the MDR or buffett because some passengers might get upset if they saw (or thought they saw) people smoking in a dining area.

Yes indeed there are a lot of different kinds on the market now, and its growing every day! The ones that are made to look like real cigarettes tend to be of lower quality. In my experience and from what I have read from others, most vapers move past that pretty quickly and choose their e-cigs for quality battery life and one that meets their own needs. Mine for instance uses tanks for the e-juice which are easy to fill and re-fill and my battery will last most if not all of a day.

I understand what you are saying but frankly I would much rather someone was thinking I was chewing or sucking on a pen than smoking a cigarette.

I haven't seen you on our RollCall! Many things to do with over 250 posters for it. CHICKEN FOOT will be played. We are closing in on 10,000 posts soon. There is a special website for us as well. Every Friday is an update for our activities. If you do not do RC's, sorry for the intrusion. I just happened to notice the info on the "silver bead" posting yesterday and saw your countdown clock.....lucky

I saw this as well and though it was pretty dumb. :confused: I'm thinking of getting an e-cig (cut down on money spent on cigs) :) and from what I understand, there's no smoke and no smell (someone correct me if I'm worng here) so what does it matter if you smoke them in a non-smoking area or not? :confused: I would think you could smoke them anywhere (even on an airplane) and it wouldn't make a difference. :D I imagine that they're trying to keep people from "smoking" in the MDR or buffet because some passengers might get upset if they saw (or thought they saw) people smoking in a dining area.

I can understand the airlines not wanting them used on planes....with all the terror threats I can see how alot of people wouldn't want a huge cloud of what appears to be smoke on an airplane.

As to Carnival, they could have just prohibited their use in eating areas (I never use mine in the dining venues of the ship anyway)

If you try an e-cig you'll be glad you did! :D

I can understand the airlines not wanting them used on planes....with all the terror threats I can see how alot of people wouldn't want a huge cloud of what appears to be smoke on an airplane.

As to Carnival, they could have just prohibited their use in eating areas (I never use mine in the dining venues of the ship anyway)

If you try an e-cig you'll be glad you did! :D

:confused: I never said airlines didn't want them (I don't know where they have rules about them or not). I actually thought you could use them on an airplane because I thought they were smokeless so there wouldn't be a huge cloud of anything. I also thought there was no smell so people wouldn't know you were "smoking". You could go into the bathroom on the plane and "smoke" to your hearts content!! :D Am I wrong on these thoughts?

Yes, Carnival could definatly ban them only in the dining areas, that's a great idea!! :D

I derfinatly want to try one, it'll save me money from having to buy real cigs all the time!!

:confused: I never said airlines didn't want them (I don't know where they have rules about them or not). I actually thought you could use them on an airplane because I thought they were smokeless so there wouldn't be a huge cloud of anything. I also thought there was no smell so people wouldn't know you were "smoking". You could go into the bathroom on the plane and "smoke" to your hearts content!! :D Am I wrong on these thoughts?

Well, e-cigs don't emit smoke but there is a cloud of vapor. To the onlooker it might look like smoke but there's no smell of anything burning and the vapor dissipates rather quickly. Actually, Southwest and Jet Blue both have rules in place forbidding their use on their planes. I don't know about other airlines.

• 2 weeks later...

For those of you who use E-cigs, I have a question. I just bought my DH the eGo-T, its in the mail. He has smoked forever...like 30+ years. Did you love it right away? Did you have to go off the real things for a while before you liked it? How was the transition? I REALLY want him to like it!

For those of you who use E-cigs, I have a question. I just bought my DH the eGo-T, its in the mail. He has smoked forever...like 30+ years. Did you love it right away? Did you have to go off the real things for a while before you liked it? How was the transition? I REALLY want him to like it!

I got my first e-cig about 2 1/2 years ago....not to quit smoking but to cut down on the amount I was smoking. I became a non-smoker on the 2nd day and haven't so much as taken a drag off a "real" cigarette since then. If he'll just put down his cigs for a couple hours and just use the e-cig it makes it much easier than doing both at first. I had smoked for 41 years and was up to 2 1/2 packs a day. My friends and relatives said that if I could quit anyone could quit LOL

Let us know how he makes out with it and if he has any questions.....I'm sure someone on here can help

I got my first e-cig about 2 1/2 years ago....not to quit smoking but to cut down on the amount I was smoking. I became a non-smoker on the 2nd day and haven't so much as taken a drag off a "real" cigarette since then. If he'll just put down his cigs for a couple hours and just use the e-cig it makes it much easier than doing both at first. I had smoked for 41 years and was up to 2 1/2 packs a day. My friends and relatives said that if I could quit anyone could quit LOL

Let us know how he makes out with it and if he has any questions.....I'm sure someone on here can help

Thank you, I will let you know how it goes! Its great to know it worked for you, I hope he likes it also!!

I have a question for those of you who've been vaping for a while now. My DH started using his in May of this year, and hasn't had a cig since. We've been decreasing his nicotine level in his liquid, and he's now starting on 11 mg. The only complaint he has is that his mouth is kind of sore. It started soon after he started vaping, and hasn't gotten worse, but also hasn't gotten better. We've changed the brand of liquid he uses, and it's still sore. Have any of you experienced this? Is this normal? Should it ease as he steps his nicotine levels more? Hopefully within a few more months, he'll be completely nicotine free and can give it up for good, but I'd like to know if anyone else has had this issue. Thanks in advance for the help!

I have a question for those of you who've been vaping for a while now. My DH started using his in May of this year, and hasn't had a cig since. We've been decreasing his nicotine level in his liquid, and he's now starting on 11 mg. The only complaint he has is that his mouth is kind of sore. It started soon after he started vaping, and hasn't gotten worse, but also hasn't gotten better. We've changed the brand of liquid he uses, and it's still sore. Have any of you experienced this? Is this normal? Should it ease as he steps his nicotine levels more? Hopefully within a few more months, he'll be completely nicotine free and can give it up for good, but I'd like to know if anyone else has had this issue. Thanks in advance for the help!

Smoking suppresses the immune system, so sometimes autoimmune disorders and viruses can be in a remission when someone smokes. The most common issue for mouth problems is the varicella-zoster virus.

He may also have a sensitivity to propylene glycol (PG). Often getting an e-liquid with a greater percentage of vegetable glycerin (VG) will help.

I second that about the propylene glycol....some people can't even tolerate it in the flavorings (even if the liquid itself is totally PG-free). Have him switch to a totally pg-free liquid and see if that helps.

FWIW, I "smoked" my Ecig wherever and whenever I wanted on the cruise.

Good to know!....I'll be vaping again in a couple days on the Miracle and will be interested to see if anything has changed as far as being able to use it in non-smoking areas

Hubby got the eGo-T in the mail. It turns out its a bit strong. He coughed quite a bit! He thinks he can get used to it, but he hasn't given up the regulars. We may have to try a different juice I think? It came with preloaded cartridges of MLB high - if anyone knows what that is and has a suggestion for what to try next I'm all ears! :)

Thanks for your help!

Archived