Room Fridge

edbro

Do the rooms have mini fridges? We have an extended balcony stateroom. If so, are they stocked

as an expensive mini bar?

I have an 8 yr old in the room and I don't need him to be racking up a bill. Also, I plan to bring my own sodas for the room and I'd like to use a fridge if available.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

I dont see which ship you are on .. some ships have them .. conquest class and higher. older ships do not.

Agree! I've been in balcony cabins on Victory and Destiny and neither had a fridge. It definitely depends on the ship.

We asked the room steward to empty ours on our last trip on the Glory and he said no, he couldn't.

I just emptied everything in there into the closet and put it all back the night before we disembarked so there was no chance we would accidentally consume it - way too expensive!

On the Miracle we just asked the room steward to empty our fridge on the first day. Don't know where the stuff went, but it was all removed. So then put juice boxes, soda & water in there. You could fit quite a few in that small fridge!

My complaint was that it barely kept them cold though, it really is a very bad fridge. LOL But it worked a tiny bit & kept everything together in once place.

They are coolers - made to keep drinks that are already cool - cool. They are not fridges. Please don't expect them to keep anything cold. They aren't designed to do so.

Medicine can be kept in an actual fridge at Guest Services where you can have access to it 24/7.

They are coolers - made to keep drinks that are already cool - cool. They are not fridges. Please don't expect them to keep anything cold. They aren't designed to do so.

Medicine can be kept in an actual fridge at Guest Services where you can have access to it 24/7.

These mini fridges will take items from warm to cold. We actually make vodka jello shooters in our cabin fridge and as you know you have to use hot water ( we use 1/2 hot water and 1/2 vodka ) The key to getting them cold is to not shut the door that encloses the fridge in the counter. Heat has to escape and can not be trapped in the cabinet. We always tell our cabin steward to leave it open and after the first day usually is. Have enjoyed vodka jello shooters ( yes with smuggled vodka ) on 4 straight cruises now :cool:

These mini fridges will take items from warm to cold. We actually make vodka jello shooters in our cabin fridge and as you know you have to use hot water ( we use 1/2 hot water and 1/2 vodka ) The key to getting them cold is to not shut the door that encloses the fridge in the counter. Heat has to escape and can not be trapped in the cabinet. We always tell our cabin steward to leave it open and after the first day usually is. Have enjoyed vodka jello shooters ( yes with smuggled vodka ) on 4 straight cruises now :cool:

I hope I remember this. Thank you, luvthebalcony! This is great to know.

Archived