Current price of haircut for man

onthelake

My DS would like a haircut on our TA but is wondering if it is out of his youthful price range. I did a search on this board but the information was too old. Does anyone have a current price? Thank you.

There was a thread about this a week or so ago, I believe. If you look through the Canyon Spa price list, you'll see that a man's haircut, at least on the Queen Mary, is $37. The barber down my street charges half as much, but perhaps the experience of being shorn on the sea is worth the added expense!

http://www.canyonranch.com/spaclub/i/downloads/QM_Menu_of_Services.pdf

There was a thread about this a week or so ago, I believe. If you look through the Canyon Spa price list, you'll see that a man's haircut, at least on the Queen Mary, is $37. The barber down my street charges half as much, but perhaps the experience of being shorn on the sea is worth the added expense!

Thaxted,

It only costs me $7USD for a haircut back home, is it your understanding that the extra $30USD should cover the tip? :eek:

Personally, I would wait until reaching port for my haircut. When traveling abroad, one never knows what to expect. It is fun, especially when the barber does not know what you are asking! :D

Thaxted,

Nice list. Thank you. I wonder what an Euphoria Pedicure is and if it is legal in the States?

because tehy do a really great job!!!!!!

Since I was in my early teens I have had my hair cut onboard many a ship(and many different lines)......never had a bad experience....living in NYC for the last 30 years I still wait(if I can) to get a haircut onboard....

The Europeans are trained professionally and it shows......

My haircut involved a pair of clippers... Purchased in the states a couple of years ago and still going strong... They will be accompanying me on my booked trips too!

Beware. Clippers are very sensitive to changes in voltage. Whilst this change on board isn't enough to harm most electrical equipment you will find that your clippers will continually need adjustment.

Who said anything about a short trip?

T5LHR. On 11 May 2012 QM2 is doing a short, two night, trip to Hamburg. On 14 October 2012 he's starting a westbound transatlantic. One of those trips is for two nights, the other six (or is it seven now on a ta :confused: ). I class those as short trips.

T5LHR - have I got your trips right? I hope you are on a longer sailing but I didn't think so. Perhaps Freecall is offering to pay for a much longer trip for you :D

My boyfriend's haircut on the QM2 back in jan/feb I forget was free, I'm a hairdresser and had taken my scissors as we were having a long trip, so out onto the balcony in the south atlantic he had his hair trimmed an that must be the most unusuall place I have ever done someones hair. I also trimmed my own hair aswell.

miz66, On our first sailing on the QM2 out of Ft. Lauderdale, the seas were calm and the air seemed dry. I couldn't get my hair to focus. I decided I needed a trim. I was charged $95. for the trim, I was asked if I wanted a conditioner, I said yes...I thought that was included....$35.00. I was also told that the tip that was charged was not given to the beautician and went directly to the spa....another $25. By all means, bring your sissors. :D It was after spending the $155. that I realized that all I had to do was close the balcony door to make the hair work. :D

Archived