one night off ship

Azuka

Curious We will be in Tahiti next March on Century. We would like to spend one night off the ship in an one of the over the water bungalow's in Moorea. We would get off in Papeete spend the night on Moorea and pick the ship up when it comes into Moorea the next day. Has anybody done anything like this and if so what do you need to do to let Celebrity know this is what you are doing.

Thanks in Advance

Just one thing--have you checked into the price of an overwater bungalow???? Last time we were there, they were upwards of $600/night! :eek:

That said, it is very easy to catch the ferry over to Moorea; it is right next to the cruise pier.

You need to contact the cruise line, they are the only ones who can help you. There are considerations that they can only answer such as customs, immigaration, etc.

Don I will contact Celebrity and check with them thanks.

Cathy Cruisis I know it is very expensive even more now with the dollar being worth much less. But this will be a one time shot for us so we must do it. Thanks

I am still curious has anybody else done a one night off of a Celebrity ship and was it hard to arrange

Thank

We did this when we were in Isreal two years ago. Nothing to it. We just let Celebrity know before hand so that we were accountable to them. We got off in Haifa and back on in Ashtod the next evening. There were no problems what so ever. Enjoy your evening on the water.

If it is on your Bucket List and you are aware of the costs associated with it, by all means go for it. Don't let anyone talk you out of it if you really want to do it.

My mother and I flew to Tahiti in 2002 and spent 5 nights in one of those over-the-water bungalows before our transpacific cruise on Norwegian Star. Our hotel was in Papeete, so it may not have been as expensive as Moorea.

It was way more than fantastic; it was FANTABULOUS.

Generally this may be arranged, but as others stated you need to obtain advance permission from the cruise line so that any customs/immigration issues may be worked out with the host country. One risk to keep in mind though is what would occur if the ship were to have to skip the next port (i.e. bad weather, civil unrest near the port, strike at the port, mechanical problem etc.). While missed ports are not common, they do occur. If the next port is a tender port there is higher risk of a missed port call and if the port call is at a location that currently is politically unstable there is also higher risk of a missed port call. These are factors to consider.

Great idea and experience. Why don't you just fly in 1 or 2 days early. Moorea is only 11 miles from Papeete and there are numerous ferrys. Moorea and Bora Bora were the 2 most beautiful natural places we've seen.

Great idea and experience. Why don't you just fly in 1 or 2 days early. Moorea is only 11 miles from Papeete and there are numerous ferrys. Moorea and Bora Bora were the 2 most beautiful natural places we've seen.

First off I want to thank everybody for all of your responses. I have received lots of useful info Thanks.

dabear The DW and I started out looking at a vacation in Tahiti. But then I found this fabulous cruise that leaves from Sydney spends 6 day at sea and then cruises around the Tahitian islands for four days then spends 5 more sea days to Hawaii for two days. Just could not pass up the cruise.

We still will get to spend some time in an over the water bungalow in Moorea. What could be better.

Again thanks to everybody.

Curious We will be in Tahiti next March on Century. We would like to spend one night off the ship in an one of the over the water bungalow's in Moorea. We would get off in Papeete spend the night on Moorea and pick the ship up when it comes into Moorea the next day. Has anybody done anything like this and if so what do you need to do to let Celebrity know this is what you are doing.

Thanks in Advance

We spent 3 nights pre-cruise in an over-the water bungalow on Moorea when we were on the Tahitian Princess. It was different because we started and ended our cruise in Tahiti. We were at the Sheraton (I think its a Hilton now). Expensive ... yes...worth it absolutely!!!! You might not want to get back on the ship;)

Good luck and I hope it all works out.

We were there about 10 years ago now and LOVED it. We stayed at the intercontinental on Moorea. It was our second trip there (believe it or not a post convention trip for my husband's buisness so there was some buisness talk and that made it much more affordable for us). We stayed in a "on the beach" bungalow as we had our kids but it was a wonderful hotel with the over water bungalows too and views to die for.

The only consideration I would offer as we had issues on our first trip. We flew into Papeete and spent an overnight there and were due to leave early the next morning on the ferry. Well there was a storm far off in the ocean and the ferry did not run that day. So just be aware that you could be held up in Papeete for an extra day or so. The second trip our package had a flight. I think it lasted all of 10 min.!!! But that is another option if the ferry schedule does not work for you.

Archived