How do we find out if we have to Tender?

elmtree

We will be on the Diamond Princess May 14, this year..Is there any way to find out if we have to tender in any of our ports? I have seen the ship schedules to each of our ports and it seems there will be at least 3 or 4 ships in each port, but was wondering if the tendering information was know? Thanks...

The only port you need to worry about is Ketchikan. Princess has it's own dock in Juneau and with your ship being the largest ship in the fleet - it will definitely dock in Juneau. There is plenty of room in Skagway for your ship - I would look at finding a pier schedule for Ketchikan.

i just found the ketchikan schedule at www.portschedules.com. you have to have adobe to see how the ships will be put in place. i found you there on the 13th of may docked at #1 next to the visitors center. great spot for getting off and walking right to the shops and things. no tendering for you :D .

Sorry to burst your bubble...:mad: but the information about Ketchikan on "Portschedule.com" is from 2004, so further investigation about Ketchikan Pier location and space for the Diamond is still needed..

Srpilo

On our itinerary given to us by our TA we were listed as tendering in Ketchikan. We will be on the Coral the same week that you are going. I would assume that if your itinerary doesn't say tendering then you will not have to tender. We were on the Diamond last year at the same time and did not have to tender.

On our itinerary given to us by our TA we were listed as tendering in Ketchikan. We will be on the Coral the same week that you are going..

Not that this matters - but the year I was on the Coral in Alaska, the ship tendered Southbound but not Northbound in Ketchikan.

Archived