Help accommodation Singapore

Being our first time in Singapore are we better to look at accommodation by the River or on Orchard Road?

Depends on how long you are there and what "floats your boat" :p

If you're into serious shopping you'd be better off in the Orchard Rd area.

If not, then somewhere more city central would be better.

That puts the river area fairly in the picture.

You can get right on the river at Clarke Quay with the Novotel offering some good deals through TAs, plus theres several others nearby.

The beauty of the Novotel is all the great Clarke Quay food venues are virtually right at your front door. :)

As has been said earlier in the topic, Singapore hotel prices cover the whole spectrum - from the cheapest, to the world's most expensive hotel in the new Marina Bay Sands.

A good centrally located mid range hotel is the Peninsula/Excelsior complex.

Quite near some good high tech shopping areas [cameras/videos/electornic gadgets], directly across the road from Fort Canning Park which contains the historic World War ll "Battle Box", [a Singapore "must see"] and 3 minutes walk to the culinary delights of Clarke Quay.

Standard room in the Peninsula section there will set you back around AUD$175 at today's rates.

Not flash,but clean, comfortable - 3-4 star rating

If you must shop, Orchard Rd is about 15 minutes walk [quite safe, like anywhere in Singapore] - or a 5 minute cab ride.

Whatever you choose - enjoy.:):D

Hi trying to do the biddin on Priceline but when you go to pay nowhere for Australia to be entered how did you do it please?

I just use my address at home just as far as the suburb and then select CA for a postcode, works everytime. I have made 2 bids and purchased 2 without a bid, including cancelling one. I paid $90 for Conrad and it was great, the normal price is about $260. I am considering a Singapore to Sydney again and shall most likely bid again.

Rosie

Hi trying to do the biddin on Priceline but when you go to pay nowhere for Australia to be entered how did you do it please?

Saw a post on CC a few months ago discussing the same issue.. some guy said he used "90210" (from the TV show of the same name) as a valid postcode in Priceline, and it worked fine - he was from Aust..

I like a bit more certainty when booking, and just booked directly with the hotel of our choice over the net for an upcoming Diamond Princess cruise in Nov.

We have used priceline very successfully in the US and Canada the key is really researching your chosen city, a site with a lot of good info is biddingfortravel dot com and I have just hunted out the section on bidding for non US residents at the following link http://biddingfortravel.yuku.com/topic/2563/Non-U-S-Resident-FAQ which might help.

Jane

Archived