Any Time Dining Tips?

edbro

We have any time dining, which I'm happy about. I'm just wondering of there are any tips to make it go smooth. Any times to avoid to prevent long waits?

Sent from my HTC Incredible

I have used any time dining for my last four cruises and have only had to wait one time, that was only for about 10 minutes. I was given a beeper for when they were ready for me. I normally go about 7PM. As a solo it is of course easier for them to seat me.

We have any time dining, which I'm happy about. I'm just wondering of there are any tips to make it go smooth. Any times to avoid to prevent long waits?

Sent from my HTC Incredible

We never had a real set time that we liked but found 7-8 the busiest time but never had to wait more than 5 mins. We don't mind eating with other people so never specified couple seating but got it many times, but you are so close you were always near someone so you could chat. We found a wait team we liked and would request them most evenings and sometimes had to wait until they were free, they would give us a beeper and we would go for a drink or a walk. The only time it was busier was on elegant night but again gave you a beeper. Make sure to order a cappuccino - always nice to top off your meal.

That 3 is good.

When we dined with 2 we were not allowed to take up a booth as they were for 3 or 4 people. THe wait for 3/4 people ws minimal. For us we had to wait from 20 minutes to 40 minutes (that one was formal night.)

we tried anywhere from 7:00- 7:30 which seems to be peak time for those with anytime, We always seemed to get stuck at a table for 6 int he middle.

we will not be doing anytime dining again.

(PS- camps are opened at 7pm with activities really hitting being underway by 8pm)

That 3 is good.

When we dined with 2 we were not allowed to take up a booth as they were for 3 or 4 people. THe wait for 3/4 people ws minimal. For us we had to wait from 20 minutes to 40 minutes (that one was formal night.)

we tried anywhere from 7:00- 7:30 which seems to be peak time for those with anytime, We always seemed to get stuck at a table for 6 int he middle.

we will not be doing anytime dining again.

(PS- camps are opened at 7pm with activities really hitting being underway by 8pm)

When you were stuck with a table for 6 is this because you wanted to be seated with others? It'll be just dh and me and we have anytime dining for the first time on our up coming cruise. We would like to be seated just the two of us. If we go around 6:00 or so do you think there will be a long wait?

When you were stuck with a table for 6 is this because you wanted to be seated with others? It'll be just dh and me and we have anytime dining for the first time on our up coming cruise. We would like to be seated just the two of us. If we go around 6:00 or so do you think there will be a long wait?

6 o'clock was never a problem as most people tended to go toward 7-730. Seating for 2 was never a problem for us but you are so close together you might as well be at a table for 6. A table for 2 is certainly not private but I found that the same in the assigned dining as well.

We also have been "stuck" between two other tables for two, but never let it bother us. We do Your Time Dining all the time, - the only time we ever were given a pager is when we request a certain wait staff team and/or it was Cruise Elegant night and everyone was trying to get tables at the same time.

We really love the flexibility that YTD gives us, and will only do Traditional dining (either early or late seating) if we're travelling with a group and we want to all sit together.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the replys. :) At least if your stuck at a table for 2 between other tables of twos you aren't obligated to carry on a conversation with the others since you are tec. at your own table. Don't get me wrong. I like to be friendly but there are times when I just want to have a conversation with just my dh.

Thanks for the replys. :) At least if your stuck at a table for 2 between other tables of twos you aren't obligated to carry on a conversation with the others since you are tec. at your own table. Don't get me wrong. I like to be friendly but there are times when I just want to have a conversation with just my dh.

That is exactly why being stuck in the middle was very uncomfortable- the table was only separated by mere inches. When we were showed the table I said I prefer something else and was told this is what we have or you have to wait longer.

I know most people seem to like anytime dining, but I won't do it again. Granted, we usually travel at busy times (Spring break, summer, etc) so our ship is usually full. We never had a problem on RCI (had to wait one time on a 7 night) but with Carnival, we had to wait every night of our 7 night cruise (b/t 30-40 minutes). We were asked EVERY NIGHT if we would divide our party (6 people- 2 parents/4kids) into 2 tables. Uh, NO- it's our family vacation. I finally told the hostess (same each night) to stop asking us this.

The up side is that we were able to go the the MDR whenever we wanted, which we liked. The downside is we never had the same waiter, so never really got to establish a rapport, which I usually enjoy.

Either way, if I am on cruise and that's my biggest complaint, LIFE IS GOOD!!!

We (hubby and me) did Any Time Dining on the Miracle in November; always arrived at the MDR when it first opened (5:45) and got in without a wait. We did miss, however, the singing and the dancing (which I do enjoy on occasion), so I think when we're on the Splendor in December with a larger group (5 adults, 1 toddler) we'll plan on going a little bit later.

Such a great option!

I know most people seem to like anytime dining, but I won't do it again. Granted, we usually travel at busy times (Spring break, summer, etc) so our ship is usually full. We never had a problem on RCI (had to wait one time on a 7 night) but with Carnival, we had to wait every night of our 7 night cruise (b/t 30-40 minutes). We were asked EVERY NIGHT if we would divide our party (6 people- 2 parents/4kids) into 2 tables. Uh, NO- it's our family vacation. I finally told the hostess (same each night) to stop asking us this.

The up side is that we were able to go the the MDR whenever we wanted, which we liked. The downside is we never had the same waiter, so never really got to establish a rapport, which I usually enjoy.

Either way, if I am on cruise and that's my biggest complaint, LIFE IS GOOD!!!

It seems to work much better for 2 tops, 4 tops. Seems like 6tops or more have more wait time, issues.

Archived