Roatan added to my cruise! Tell me about it

williamson_ja

Don't know what you are into - snorkling, sightseeing etc. But my wife and I spent a wonderful day there....we rented a cabana from Carnival. For $200 we had our own small, air conditioned hut with a porch with two lounge chairs. We also had exclusive access to a hammock and two other lounges right at the waters edge. They provided two flloats. the beach was restricted to only the cabana renters so it was much much less crowded than the restof thebeach. And - the best -- our own private waiter who brought us food and drinks. It was the most relaxing day of our cruise. I would do it again in a heartbeat.

This sounds pretty amazing! Did you choose this from the excursion list? if so, I'll have to go back and find it...didn't see it the first time I looked.. Where was the beach? Was it right by the ship, or did they transport you to another part of the island? Thanks for the added info!

This sounds pretty amazing! Did you choose this from the excursion list? if so, I'll have to go back and find it...didn't see it the first time I looked.. Where was the beach? Was it right by the ship, or did they transport you to another part of the island? Thanks for the added info!

It was an "excursion" on the Carnival Website. If it is not there, it could be that it is sold out. There are only about a dozen of them on the beach and I understand they always are sold out.

The beach is the beach at Mahogony Bay. You get off the ship and can either take about a 15 minutes walk or take a five minute walk and then take a ski-lift type ride over. The price of the cabana includes the pass for the ski lift - otherwise you pay about $10 a person .

The beach itslef is very crowded but the area with the cabanas is restricted to only those people with the cabanas. There are security guards keeping out those without the cabanas. A little elitist, but real nice!

We just got back Saturday from a cruise where we stopped at Roatan. We had to dock at Coxen Hole due to winds. We booked Tabayna Beach break through Carnival based on the recommendation of a friend who is a CD with Carnival. This was the highlight of our trip. The cost roundtrip by air conditioned bus was $34.95 per person. No charge for lounge chairs and you could buy alcohol and food while there. The beach was white, the water was clear, great snorkeling and you could also rent jet skis there. Will definitely do this excursion again! A++++++

Roatan was just added to my December Liberty cruise. I'm so excited. Who can tell me all the great things to do in Roatan? Do you like to stay at Mahogany beach or explore elsewhere??

We went diving on Roatan twice and loved it. Fins and Flippers was pretty good according to our dinner mates last time we were there. We have also heard a lot of good comments on Victor Bodden tours. Hope this helps.

We visited Roatan in 2008 via the Carnival Glory!

It was so unexpected! We hired a driver via recommendations from this board and took a tour of the island. Absolutely beautiful. We enjoyed lunch at a resturant on a cove. Can't remember the name. But it was a nice little area and the food was cooked while we waited. It was open and we were could view everything. Watched folks snorkel and take glass bottom boats. It was a very popular area with condos.

We then spent some time at one of the beaches. We did not spend anytime in the immediate port area and if I recall it was under construction.

My trip to Roatan in November was the most wonderful tour I had ever taken beside going to Costa Maya. I had a wonderful tour for $45 and over 4 hours of history, beauty and shopping. We visited an Iguana farm, mangroves, mahogany shopping, shopping alongside of the road, a tour of the Garifuna nation part of the island.

We took a boat ride to see the mangroves with a wonderful man named Emeril who after our tour took us to his personal home to use the bathroom. They live so poorly there and yet are so proud of what they have. His home was the poorest I had ever seen in my life yet on his walls were a 16 x 20 pictures of Martin Luther King and JFK.

Our tour also took us to a beautiful beach for a fine meal at a plantation and some swimming time before heading back to the port.

here is the website http://roatancruiseexcursions.com/GarifunaMangroveIguanaTour.html

You will not find a nicer set of people who are so proud and humble to show you their beautiful island.

I hope you enjoy your trip as much as I did.

I am off to progreso and cozumel in August this year.

Grace

you ever need any ideas for Costa Maya email me I know a good tour there too!

Roatan is amazing. We spent a week there a few years back. West Bay Beach is out of this world. The snorkeling is right off the white sand beach and is amazing. Look for a seafood restaurant close by called Bite on the Beach. awesome. Roatan is the best.

PLEASE escape Mahogany Bay and see the real Roatan.

I HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend Victor Bodden tours! The 5 of us in my group agree that it was one of the best days and ports that we have ever had! We zip lined, played with monkeys, toured the island, ate lunch on the beach and snorkeled the beautiful waters all with our own tour guides and private van. Such a wonderful memory at an incredibly affordable price.

Enjoy Roatan.

Gina

We also went to Tabyana Beach Break when we were there in Dec 2010. Price was reasonable. Can't remember if we used our own snorkel equipment or if they had it for us but there are decent corals to see from the beach. They fed us a decent lunch that was included in the price tag. We have little kids so it was a great thing to do.

We were lucky to be one of the early ones to arrive there so got our picks of the beach chairs.

It was an "excursion" on the Carnival Website. If it is not there, it could be that it is sold out. There are only about a dozen of them on the beach and I understand they always are sold out.

The beach is the beach at Mahogony Bay. You get off the ship and can either take about a 15 minutes walk or take a five minute walk and then take a ski-lift type ride over. The price of the cabana includes the pass for the ski lift - otherwise you pay about $10 a person .

The beach itslef is very crowded but the area with the cabanas is restricted to only those people with the cabanas. There are security guards keeping out those without the cabanas. A little elitist, but real nice!

We did the same in Nov and loved it. 1 minute walk to food and drink, the cabana to go in to cool off in the AC and really peaceful. 10 minutes from the ship.

So, if we just want to go to the West Bsy Beach area, and don't really want to spend the day touring with Victor Bodden tours, how do we get there? Are there taxi's available? Are they safe? How much do they cost? How do we get back to the ship? Do taxi's hang around there waiting for customers? There are 4 of us.

Are you a SCUBA diver? if so, you'll think you've died and gone to heaven when you're in Roatan! Check out CoCo View Dive Resort. Will provide additional details if you desire. This resort also a nice one for the non-diver.

Roatan is AMAZING! My favorite port. Definately get out and explore the island. Yes, taxis are abundant. All you have to do is walk over the hill and they are EVERYWHERE. We paid a guy $20 each for an island tour and he drove us around all day. Great people and beautiful place. If you look at my signature, I have tons of pics under Carnival Valor...Notice the pic of the hospital in Roatan..

24512_1204814815283_1676022957_396835_6944218_n.jpg24512_1204816015313_1676022957_396864_6424000_n.jpg

Archived