Recent US passport applications?

DW & DD both needed a passport renewal in 4 weeks. We weren't willing to take any chances, so paid the extra fee for expedite service ($60/each if I remember correctly). One was back in 10 days, the other in about 2 weeks using overnight delivery both ways.

A few years ago my DD needed a passport quickly during high season, so she paid extra to get it expedited. Time passed and no passport. Just a couple of days before we left she learned they'd expedited the passport of ANOTHER woman with the SAME NAME! They did get it to her JUST before we all left.

Just wanted to hijack this post and say "HI!" to BooBooMonkey! Hope all is well!

HI to you too Turbo! How's it hangin?

We're good here. No cruises planned, but thinking about Christmas in the Caribbean this year.

I have a personal answer to my own original question. We ordered a renewal for our son on June 11 and it arrived yesterday--so exactly 3 weeks. We were cutting it a bit close with him leaving for France this Thursday! We did not pay to expeite because in the past, we have received new and/or renewal passports in about 2 weeks. I guess it is high season or the Feds are a bit slower these days...

Thanks to everyone who responded.

Hey BooBooMonkey!

I also just stopped in to say HI to you! Hope you are your family are doing well!

I just double checked our signatures to see when we cruise together and it's been 5 years! Holy cow!

• 1 month later...
Has anyone applied for a US passport (renewal) lately? If so, how long did it actually take to arrive?

Thanks!

Those needing to renew in a hurry, take notice:

I had to renew my passport again because I recently took DH's last name. I paid extra for expedited service and overnight return delivery. I sent my application in by overnight delivery on Aug 3 and, amazingly, my new passport was delivered to me today, Aug 10!:)

I haven't received my new passport card yet, but that's no biggie--my main concern was my passport book.

Archived