Henry Christopher vs. Sonny Liston

jenlev

I have heard alot of good things about Sonny Liston also but no experience with him. Our first time there we went with Godfrey. Great tour and a good time. We were there again a few weeks ago and went with Henry. It is a much more personal tour. For some odd reason, we were the only ones booked with him for the day. He was outside the gate with a sign with our name and we went to his open air truck. He spent about 15 minutes trying to get some other folks to join us but no luck. Since there was just the 3 of us he drove to his house and traded his big truck for his suv. We spent about 30 minutes outside showing his plants and talking about them and talking about his house and how things are alot different when it comes to housing. It was very interesting. Our major stops were Mountaintop and a stop at an overlook. We spent 2 hours at Saphire beach. He gave us so much information about the island both past and present history. We did alot of driving and he told us about everything we saw. We went through neighborhoods and side roads that I know other tours didn't go to. He told us about plants that we saw along the way which I thoroughly enjoyed. Even stopped to pluck some things from them. He is very personable and really wants to be sure you are enjoying yourself. We did not go downtown for any shopping which was fine with us. There is plenty shopping at the mall at the pier. Let me know if you have any questions.

Tina

Well, I don't know if any tour would be more fun than the other for a 3 year old. I'm sure they would enjoy the open air bus because you can see so well. As far as the 7 year old, I guess it depends on the individual. My son is now 14 but at that age I think he would have enjoyed it okay. Have you considered going to Coral World at Coki Beach? That seems to be a good place to take younger kids. If you go with Henry, you have a choice of Megan's Bay, Saphire Beach or Coki Beach for 2 hours. Not sure how much time you would need at Coral World but I know it's a good time for kids. Actually, I think all the tour operators offer the same beach choices. Hope that helps some. I know how difficult it can be trying to pick the "right" tour. I start researching a year out and then not always sure if I made the right choice!! But as far as Henry goes, you can email him and get his opinion as to the kids and what he may do with/for them. I emailed him quite a bit and he always answered very quickly and never made me feel as though I was pestering him! Let me know if you have any more questions.

Tina

I have heard alot of good things about Sonny Liston also but no experience with him. Our first time there we went with Godfrey. Great tour and a good time. We were there again a few weeks ago and went with Henry. It is a much more personal tour. For some odd reason, we were the only ones booked with him for the day. He was outside the gate with a sign with our name and we went to his open air truck. He spent about 15 minutes trying to get some other folks to join us but no luck. Since there was just the 3 of us he drove to his house and traded his big truck for his suv. We spent about 30 minutes outside showing his plants and talking about them and talking about his house and how things are alot different when it comes to housing. It was very interesting. Our major stops were Mountaintop and a stop at an overlook. We spent 2 hours at Saphire beach. He gave us so much information about the island both past and present history. We did alot of driving and he told us about everything we saw. We went through neighborhoods and side roads that I know other tours didn't go to. He told us about plants that we saw along the way which I thoroughly enjoyed. Even stopped to pluck some things from them. He is very personable and really wants to be sure you are enjoying yourself. We did not go downtown for any shopping which was fine with us. There is plenty shopping at the mall at the pier. Let me know if you have any questions.

Tina

I couldn't agree with Tina more. We love Henry so much and I'm sure you will too!! You won't be sorry if you book him!! Please tell him Sgt. Jeff says hello! We tour with him again in September.

I can only give my opinion of Henry Christopher as I never traveled with anyone else, but this is my golden recommendation for him. My family of 6 wanted to go to Magens Bay for the day, no touring or shopping necessary. He was great to deal with via email and was right there when we came off the ship. Will book him again for our next cruise, hands down.

Have a great time.

I can only give my opinion of Henry Christopher as I never traveled with anyone else, but this is my golden recommendation for him. My family of 6 wanted to go to Magens Bay for the day, no touring or shopping necessary. He was great to deal with via email and was right there when we came off the ship. Will book him again for our next cruise, hands down.

Have a great time.

I'm ready to get back to St. Thomas and see Henry now!!

When you go on a tour like this, do you go in your bathing suit and a coverup? Or are there places to change at the beach? This sounds like a great idea. I really prefer the local tour operators to ship's tours, especially when recommended by other CC's.

When you go on a tour like this, do you go in your bathing suit and a coverup? Or are there places to change at the beach? This sounds like a great idea. I really prefer the local tour operators to ship's tours, especially when recommended by other CC's.

Most people wear their bathing suits, but I believe that there are bathrooms to change in. I know that Coki has restrooms.

Archived