Hissing Contest

Gypsy025

I go to my roll call thread to see if there is port information, if cruisers want to team up on excursions, and if there is interest in a meet and greet. Others want to share information about their mother-in-law's surgery, their pointy haired boss, and the kitchen remodeling project. This Coral Princess thread from 2005 is still going strong with 9043 posts: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=146816

Great info from today's post:

Dora is back home with her family.........................and Reilly is taking a much deserved nap:rolleyes: Jon and family had a gret time at the Wilderness Lodge in the Dells.......................so much to do they never left the resort. It's very hot and humid today so I'm not sure what we'll do today......................definitely something indoors tho.

Does anyone else find it annoying to read, on the Roll Call Sub-Furums, posts about their previous and future booked cruises that have nothing to do with the specific Roll Call?
If you're talking about the listing of past and future cruises in their signatures you can suppress that. Go into your User CP, Edit Options, Thread Display Options, and un-check Show Signatures. Then Save Changes.

I don't have a problem with those kinds of posts on the roll calls.

As people get to know each other, they "talk" about all kinds of things. At first, what they have in common is cruising - so it's not unusual for posters to talk about their past experiences.

This establishes the groundwork and from there, people post about all kinds of things. The weather, sports, pets -- you name it!!! :)

I go to my roll call thread to see if there is port information, if cruisers want to team up on excursions, and if there is interest in a meet and greet. Others want to share information about their mother-in-law's surgery, their pointy haired boss, and the kitchen remodeling project. This Coral Princess thread from 2005 is still going strong with 9043 posts: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=146816

Great info from today's post:

OMG :eek:

And DW complains about some people on facebook.

Exactly - and what do you think the conversation will be at the M&G?

People trying to find connections.

Where are you from, how many cruises have you been on, etc.?

Random chit-chat.

Anyone who doesn't like the way a roll call develops certainly is free to bow out! :rolleyes:

I was on a roll call once in which there was a spirited exchange with people from another roll call ... it was a lot of fun, and later that year we actually sailed with people we met from the other roll call!

Personally, I find it interesting where others have gone or are going. If someone mentions a cruise to a destination that interests me, I make a mental note to look him/her up at the cc meeting and ask for their input. Cruising is the thing we have in common on these boards. Why not make the most of it?

Archived