Time Zone for Halifax????

We have friends meeting our ship, Caribbean Princess, at Halifax, on July 24. We dock at 7:00 am. Does anyone know, for sure, if that will be Eastern Time or Atlantic Time? (Or-Eastern Daylight Time which may be the same as Atlantic Time???)

I think Halifax falls into the Atlantic time zone. So at that time should be ADT (Atlantic Daylight Time). I found it a bit confusing on our last Canada/New England cruise, especially as we went to Newfoundland, which only changes half hour instead of the usual hour.

After I posted I figured I'd try looking it up. So, this is going back a few years but I was able to find this online.

TZ06SSE.jpg

We have friends meeting our ship, Caribbean Princess, at Halifax, on July 24. We dock at 7:00 am. Does anyone know, for sure, if that will be Eastern Time or Atlantic Time? (Or-Eastern Daylight Time which may be the same as Atlantic Time???)

We have been on some cruises where the ship's time stayed on departure time zone for the entire cruise. And we have been on cruises where ship's time keeps changing to match local time. It is up to the Captain.

Google "Halifax ship arrivals" looks to me like local time.

7/24/2011 Caribbean Princess Princess Cruises 3,100 22 7:00 16:00

Halifax (and most of the Canadian East Coast) is ADT (Atlantic Daylight Time); 1 hour ahead of EDT (New York/Boston/etc). St Johns NF is in NDT (Newfoundland Daylight Time) which is 1½ hours ahead of EDT.

Archived