Colors in dining room

Laurab23

Yup it is a new game....they divide the pax into red, white, and blue teams...all week long during various contests the participants earn points for their teams and at the end of the cruise a team is declared the winner. Nothing is given as a prize it's just for the fun of it and to try and get everyone involved in what's going on.

The first night of your cruise when you walk to your table in the dining room, you will see that you are either red, white, or blue. Basically, its like a game of sorts. Various activies win points for teams. (Like, if you win at bingo, your team gets 50 points) The winning team only gets pride (like the original olympics LOL) because prizes for 1/3 of the ship would be excessive. However, I thought it served a good purpose. An example: One night in the disco there was an air guitar contest, and everyone really got into backing the contestants from their team. It kind of gives you a playful unity with other cruisers.

They were doing it on the Pride as well when I went at the end of February :) It's a pretty clever idea, and people always cheered when their "color" was called. My team lost though :p

Archived