Photo/Video prices of Dolphin excursions?

pampaul

One of these days I'd love to do one of the swim/interact with dolphins type of excursions.

First, would your rather do a dolphin encounter type where you just pet/kiss the dolphins or would your rather do the kind where you get a ride/swim from the dolphin? And is it really worth the $$$ to do these types of excursions?

And what are the prices of the photos and videos? I would definately be interested in getting both of them. Is it a photo package or just like a 5x7 or something? And is the video of just you interacting with dolphin or the whole excursion, including other people? Are there any other pictures of the excursion that you can purchase besides just your & the dolphin interacting?

We're going next June to Grand Cayman (Disney Fantasy) and they're offering a couple of these excursions. I believe with both of these, you get to have some free time to explore a turtle farm. How is that? I'll have 2-3 teenage boys (15/16) Do you think it'd be too juvenile for them?

One of these days I'd love to do one of the swim/interact with dolphins type of excursions.

First, would your rather do a dolphin encounter type where you just pet/kiss the dolphins or would your rather do the kind where you get a ride/swim from the dolphin? And is it really worth the $$$ to do these types of excursions?

And what are the prices of the photos and videos? I would definately be interested in getting both of them. Is it a photo package or just like a 5x7 or something? And is the video of just you interacting with dolphin or the whole excursion, including other people? Are there any other pictures of the excursion that you can purchase besides just your & the dolphin interacting?

We're going next June to Grand Cayman (Disney Fantasy) and they're offering a couple of these excursions. I believe with both of these, you get to have some free time to explore a turtle farm. How is that? I'll have 2-3 teenage boys (15/16) Do you think it'd be too juvenile for them?

Taking into account the boys ages...I would go with a ride/swim dolphin excursion. You don't pay that much more but get a lot more than just a hug and a kiss.

We asked ourselved the same question about the turtles and then after reading a lot of reviews of the turtle farm I learned that the turtles at the farm are actually sold as food. After reading this, it kind of turned me off to going there and didn't want to have to explain to my 8 year old why turtle soup was on the menu. :eek:

I'm not sure which islands you are going to but I have to say of all the places I've been I was least impressed with the dolphin "park" excursion in Grand Cayman. I think if you decide to do a dolphin experience with your family you might want to pick a different island to do it in.

Grand Cayman is a beautiful place with great snorkeling, etc. so nothing against GC just not a fan of their particular dolphin experience.

I'm not sure which islands you are going to but I have to say of all the places I've been I was least impressed with the dolphin "park" excursion in Grand Cayman. I think if you decide to do a dolphin experience with your family you might want to pick a different island to do it in.

Grand Cayman is a beautiful place with great snorkeling, etc. so nothing against GC just not a fan of their particular dolphin experience.

Thanks for easing my mind...I had to choose between dolphin discovery at Chaakanaab Park in Cozumel or dolphin cove in Grand Cayman and ended up going with Cozumel. I have read that in Dolphinaris and Dolphin Cove that the Dolphins are in pools instead of the ocean...didn't seem right.

so can anyone tell me the price of the pictures and video? Also, if there are 3 people in my party, do I have to buy 3 videos? Or is the video of everyone that is on that particular excursion?

and do you know if there is a weight limit to doing the dolphin excursions? especially when they do the foot push thing?

so can anyone tell me the price of the pictures and video? Also, if there are 3 people in my party, do I have to buy 3 videos? Or is the video of everyone that is on that particular excursion?

weight limit to doing the dolphin excursions? especially when they do the foot push thing?

I don't know the exact prices of pictures and videos but from what I have read you will need around $150. Do not accept first price they give you, they will come down. I have read in some reviews that they may no longer have video which I hope isn't true.

As long as you are all in the same excursion time, everybody in your particular group for that excursion will be in the video.

About the weight limit....when I purchased the RCCL push, pull and swim at Dolphin Discovery/Chakanaab there was no weight limit mentioned in description. When you order excursion online via RCCL if there is a weight/height limit they always tell you and you have to accept the terms. If it is a big concern to you, call or send a quick email to Dolphin Discovery and I'm sure they will give you any information you need.

The dolphin experience is a once in a lifetime moment. The turtle farm probably won't impress the teens, but the 8 year old will enjoy getting to pet the turtles, etc. If you can do only one, go with the Dolphins. The 8 year old will enjoy it too..he might decide to just do the encounter where the teens will enjoy the swim. My Grandson is now 17 and still says it's the best excursion ever, including a whale watch and volcanoes in Hawaii. You'll have a great time. Our video was of 3 of us, since we were in there together. The prices were outrageous, but we got them down a bit and as I said, it's a once in a lifetime excursion. Enjoy.

The dolphin experience is a once in a lifetime moment. The turtle farm probably won't impress the teens, but the 8 year old will enjoy getting to pet the turtles, etc. If you can do only one, go with the Dolphins. The 8 year old will enjoy it too..he might decide to just do the encounter where the teens will enjoy the swim. My Grandson is now 17 and still says it's the best excursion ever, including a whale watch and volcanoes in Hawaii. You'll have a great time. Our video was of 3 of us, since we were in there together. The prices were outrageous, but we got them down a bit and as I said, it's a once in a lifetime excursion. Enjoy.

If you don't mind me asking....what's "outrageous" LOL Kind of like the prices of the pics onboard? Or more? And are they single pictures or do they have like packages that you can buy? I'm just trying to figure out how much to put aside. Thanks!!!

Archived