Fast debarkation from Galveston.. Really

Echo Queen

Last Sunday 6/26/11 we had the best ever debarkation from the Carnival Conquest in Galveston. We had our last breakfast in the dinning room and then gathered the rest of our things from our room and slowly made our way to the Toulouse Lautrec deck 3 seating area.

We were group 17 to disembark so we were planning to wait a while. No sooner they we settled down and I started checking my messages the CM’s came in and started calling groups before they would announce them on the PA system. So we walked all the way (with no stops) to the porter line. There was one person ahead of us. We got our porter got the bags and walk straight up the immigration person no line he checked our passports ask if there was anything he needed to know about and said have a great day.

We parked at park n cruise across the street, walked over to picked up the car, then picked up the spouse and luggage and were on the road by 9:20am. In 4 cruised out of Galveston it has never been that smooth.

The cruise was wonderful, looking forward to the Carnival Magic next June.:)

That IS truly amazing for Galveston, I hope we are as lucky when we come back on the Conquest on the 31st. We too are using the park and cruise across the street. Was your cruise an Eastern itinerary? If so I hope you write a review, I see so few of those out of Galveston. We can't wait for our turn!

We sailed Conquest end of May. We did self-assist and once they called our group number (we were still in our cabin), we were off the ship and back to our car in about 20 minutes. Amazing!!!

That IS truly amazing for Galveston, I hope we are as lucky when we come back on the Conquest on the 31st. We too are using the park and cruise across the street. Was your cruise an Eastern itinerary? If so I hope you write a review, I see so few of those out of Galveston. We can't wait for our turn!

We were on the Western itinerary. We booked the Eastern for next June on the Magic, so I hope you write a review.:)

Also in Galveston having a passport and grabbing a porter will get you out quickly. The BC/ID line is horrible!

Yes that line was horrible about 8 lines and back to the wall. We just walked past all of those people like fastpass at disney or front of the line at universal. lol can you tell where I'm headed next.:D Happy sailing.

Which line do people with passport cards go to?

The short one. lol We had a porter so we just followed him, surly there is signage, we al:Dways get a porter because my husband does not pack light. hehehe

I hope your disembarkation goes quickly because we will be waiting to get on!!! :D I hope you have a great week cruising!

Also in Galveston having a passport and grabbing a porter will get you out quickly. The BC/ID line is horrible!

Do they have a separate line for Birth Certificates/Photo ID?

If so...this is a BRILLIANT idea....

I hope your disembarkation goes quickly because we will be waiting to get on!!! :D I hope you have a great week cruising!

Thanks, I know you do hope we get off very quickly! We are really getting excited about our cruise, we'll just have to watch the Conquest come back 2 more times, then the next time she'll be coming for us. My daughter and I hope to be down on the dock watching her come in, we want to see the turn in person :D

I will try to write a review, I don't have the great skills that some of the writers have that I have read here, but at least will maybe be able to give a little information, like I said you don't see very many Eastern reviews on here.

Do they have a separate line for Birth Certificates/Photo ID?

If so...this is a BRILLIANT idea....

They sure do, and boy was it loooooooong! It ran the length of the terminal just getting to the several "lanes" they had for the BC/ID.

Now the passport line, it was a breeze. No line getting to the 2 "lanes" and about a 5 minute wait. They just took your customs form, asked a couple random "did you bring back" questions and you were out the door.

We always get a porter and go to the line they take us to. Trust me, the porters will help you get through as quick as possible so they can get another client plus they know the flow of things since they are there on a regular basis.

We did the eastern in May and because Key West was our last port and we had been to the Bahama's already Immagration and Custom's came on in Key West. Only those who were not US Citizens were required to report to one of the lounges the US Citizens did have to take Passports or B/C along with a photo ID off to use when reboarding. But we never did have to show it. I think they also did a full crew check that day as our bar waiter told us he couldn't get off due to a crew check. When we got back to Galveston it was ding your card, grab a porter and your bags, hand your customs form to one of the guys standing there and out the door. It was really fast and easy and who knows this maybe the way they will handle the eastern debarkation now as it was so EASY!

We did the eastern in May and because Key West was our last port and we had been to the Bahama's already Immagration and Custom's came on in Key West. Only those who were not US Citizens were required to report to one of the lounges the US Citizens did have to take Passports or B/C along with a photo ID off to use when reboarding. But we never did have to show it. I think they also did a full crew check that day as our bar waiter told us he couldn't get off due to a crew check. When we got back to Galveston it was ding your card, grab a porter and your bags, hand your customs form to one of the guys standing there and out the door. It was really fast and easy and who knows this maybe the way they will handle the eastern debarkation now as it was so EASY!

I am hoping they are getting their act together to get ready for the Magic and Triumph....our first trip on the Ecstasy was a fantastic cruise until we got back, and then it was almost noon before we got through immigration. So, the second time, we thought we would do self assist, but that was crazy too....not as fast as we thought it would be, and that was on a small ship. We love sailing out of Galveston but boy there has always been room for improvement in the terminal.

We love sailing out of Galveston but boy there has always been room for improvement in the terminal.

Very well put and exactly the truth. If they don't get their act together getting on and off the Magic is going to be horrible. I wonder where they are going to find enough extra little old ladies with such dreadful attitudes, surely WallyWorld doesn't fire that many of their greeters?

My daughter and I hope to be down on the dock watching her come in, we want to see the turn in person

On return last Sunday we did not do the turn!!!!!!! I was on my balcony coming into port and we did not turn. I have no idea why but it was cool to see the Galveston city side from my balcony.

On return last Sunday we did not do the turn!!!!!!! I was on my balcony coming into port and we did not turn. I have no idea why but it was cool to see the Galveston city side from my balcony.

We watched you come in on the Galveston web cam, and was very surprised that she didn't turn. Never did hear why. We were glad to see she turned this morning, so hopefully that was just a fluke. Our cabins are on the starboard side, so it's interesting to watch the hustle and bustle down on the dock, and a great side for sail away to watch Galveston disappear as we head out to sea!

Last Sunday 6/26/11 we had the best ever debarkation from the Carnival Conquest in Galveston. We had our last breakfast in the dinning room and then gathered the rest of our things from our room and slowly made our way to the Toulouse Lautrec deck 3 seating area.

We were group 17 to disembark so we were planning to wait a while. No sooner they we settled down and I started checking my messages the CM’s came in and started calling groups before they would announce them on the PA system. So we walked all the way (with no stops) to the porter line. There was one person ahead of us. We got our porter got the bags and walk straight up the immigration person no line he checked our passports ask if there was anything he needed to know about and said have a great day.

We parked at park n cruise across the street, walked over to picked up the car, then picked up the spouse and luggage and were on the road by 9:20am. In 4 cruised out of Galveston it has never been that smooth.

The cruise was wonderful, looking forward to the Carnival Magic next June.:)

This is nice to hear. We haven't sailed from Galveston in 5 years but that last cruise of ours was really bad for debarkation - finding porters was difficult at best and the mass of people trying to get through the immigration lines was nasty. Way to go Galveston! :)

This is nice to hear. We haven't sailed from Galveston in 5 years but that last cruise of ours was really bad for debarkation - finding porters was difficult at best and the mass of people trying to get through the immigration lines was nasty. Way to go Galveston! :)

I know our last cruise, there was a line to stand in to get a porter. We have learned the best way is for 1 of you to stand in the Porter line, while someone else goes to your luggage zone & finds all your luggage. Then when the porter shows us, you are ready to go.

Debarkation is the worse part of a cruise for several reasons.

1.) You are having to get off the ship & going miss all the fun.

2.) Debarkation is a Govt handled affair & we know how they cant do anything right.

Our first cruise out of Galveston, debarkation was a nightmare. There were no signs telling you which way to go to get out of there. People were milling around confused and the agents kept yelling at us to keep moving. It would have helped if they told us which direction to go. Now I know how cattle feel going to the slaughterhouse.

Sewut

I know our last cruise, there was a line to stand in to get a porter. We have learned the best way is for 1 of you to stand in the Porter line, while someone else goes to your luggage zone & finds all your luggage. Then when the porter shows us, you are ready to go.

So true. We learned this the hard way and had we known ahead of time, it would have simplied things somewhat. As it was, we got our luggage THEN found out you had to stand in line and wait for an available porter. Oh well.... :(

Archived