RCI Royal Tots, In-room babysitting& Dining Options

twentytoes

Hi everyone. We are taking our twins on the Oasis in November to celebrate their 3rd birthday. We are planning on sending them to the nursery a few times. Glad to have that as an option. I've searched the board and I'm still a little confused about diaper/toilet options in the nursery. Both of my kids are potty trained but they still need help with clothing and wiping. Do they help with this in the nursery?

I think I read that the in-room babysitting is only for 3 hours. Can anyone confirm if that is accurate? Can I ask for them to come from 8:30pm-11:30p or are there set times I select from?

I've read on other sites that most restaurants accept all ages for dinner. Does anyone know where I can find out if there is an age cut-off for Giovanni's?

Thanks!

On Oasis and Allure, they DO help with diapers/potty issues.

Can't help with the time/costs for in cabin babysitting.

Most of the "specialty" restaurants state that kids should be 13 or older to utilize those venues.....some will allow you to bring younger kids to a VERY early seating....before the majority of diners will be there, so bear that in mind.

Hi everyone. We are taking our twins on the Oasis in November to celebrate their 3rd birthday. We are planning on sending them to the nursery a few times. Glad to have that as an option. I've searched the board and I'm still a little confused about diaper/toilet options in the nursery. Both of my kids are potty trained but they still need help with clothing and wiping. Do they help with this in the nursery?

I think I read that the in-room babysitting is only for 3 hours. Can anyone confirm if that is accurate? Can I ask for them to come from 8:30pm-11:30p or are there set times I select from?

I've read on other sites that most restaurants accept all ages for dinner. Does anyone know where I can find out if there is an age cut-off for Giovanni's?

Thanks!

We just got off Oasis with our 3 year old DS. Let me clarify a few things for you:

- 3 year olds are too old for Royal Tots and the nursery. Those options are for babies less than 36 months old.

- Adventure Ocean (kid's club) has a 3-5 year old group called Aquanats. This runs every day except for the day you board the ship. The sessions start at 9:00AM, and last until 10:00PM...with breaks for lunch and dinner. There are some lunch and dinner options as well...sometimes free, and sometimes you have to pay. There is an after-hours session from 10:00PM - 2:00AM, and it costs $6/hour per child.

- Children must be "potty self-sufficient" to be in Adventure Ocean. Our situation was similar to yours in that our son is potty trained but still needs some help wiping/pulling up his pants. I talked to the AO staff, and they said that they cannot go into the bathroom with any children. However, if DS was able to go on his own and then come back out...they could help adjust his pants if he needed. They also said we could come sign him out to take him to the bathroom (located right outside the AO door), and then sign him back in. We actually never had to do any of this, as we took him to the bathroom right before signing him in...and he didn't need to go when he was in the session.

- In-cabin babysitting has a maximum of 3 hours/day. You can schedule for any times that you want, but it's subject to availability. We used the sitters every night. Most nights, we had them 8:30-11:30, but our son went to AO on 3 nights...so on those, we had the sitters from 10:30 - 1:30. If you decide to come back after 2 hours, you will only get charged for those...but there are no partial hours (so 2.5 hours would still cost the same as 3 hours). They send 2 babysitters, and the cost is $19/hour charged to your SeaPass.

Hope this helps!

Thanks doctorlisa! I really appreciate your reply. I did read your recent post about your trip. Lots of great information. My twins will be turning 3 on the cruise. I think that will be day 4 so I was assuming we would be using the nursery until they actually turned 3. I read that they might accept them into the AO on their birthday. That would be great if they did since the play area looks better and more their speed.

They will have a blast even without AO. We never took DS during the day -- only on 3 of the nights. There was so much going on during the day that we never bothered to try AO! Be sure to reserve the early performances of the shows so that your twins can enjoy them. DS loved the ice show and diving show. There is also a puppet show one night at AO, but if they miss that, there are a couple of performances the next morning (for families to attend, not just the kids). Have fun!

Archived