Colosseum Tickets for RIL Rome Tour

katmich12

I'm also booked with RIL and used the site they suggested. The ticket office will not let you purchase your ticket until 30 days from the day you plan to visit. I needed tickets for July 19th and i was able to order around the 2nd week in June. Site was easy to use received my confirmation in my email and then printed my tickets. Should be able to get yours in Sept depending on when you need tickets for. Good Luck Tanya

I need my ticket for July 19th and i was able to purchase mine on June 3rd so that makes it 46 days before my tour. I'm sorry i got The Vatican tour and colosseum tour mixed up .you do not have to put in a time, that is done for The Vatican tour.

We too are also with RIL in Sept. How did you know what time to purchase the tickets for or does it matter ? Just wondering how best to coordinate ticket purchases when with a group of 8 ?

If you are purchasing tickets for the Vatican Tour Jany will tell you what time to purchase them for ,it's based on what time your tour will start and if you are purchasing colosseum tickets it will not as for a set time. I need my tickets for July 19th and purchased them on June 3rd so 46 days from when i needed them.

I will be with 7 others on a RIL tour in October. Has anyone purchased Colosseum tickets in Rome or prepurchased from a website? I have tried the site Jany suggested at ticketclic.it and a ticket request results in a message of NO EVENTS AVAILABLE FOR THIS SHOW. If I can't get this to work, I am inclined to wait and hope the lines are not too long. Any personal experience with this problem?

Hi katmich12

This site may be of help:confused:

http://www.viator.com/tours/Rome/Skip-the-Line-Ancient-Rome-and-Colosseum-Half-Day-Walking-Tour/d511-3731COLOSSEUM

Regards M.P.:)

Thanks to everyone for their input. I already have a full day tour scheduled. Some sites require a timed ticket for some tours. A regular 2-day admission has no timed ticket. It appears to be too early for me so I will wait and prepurchase. Paying 13.5 euros to walk in is well worth it to me.

Do get tickets ahead of time. I used the website Jany recomended. We are just back from a HAL cruise and had a day with RIL. THe Colosieum was a nightmare, it was wall to wall people. We were there 3 years ago and bought tickets from the Forum ticket office, but this time that had a huge line. Our driver, Mauro, said that too many people had read about that trick. There was even a long line for people who had pre-purchased tickets, however Mauro held up our tickets and pushed us through! Those RIL guys seem to know all the attendents at the places we visited. I don't know why Rome was so busy, it was a Sunday and there were several other cruise ships in port. The city was jamed pack, however with Mauro in charge and driving through what seemed impossibly small spaces we managed to see all the major sites, albeit briefly.

We book our overseas excursions etc with http://www.isango.com. They are very efficient.

When we got to the Colloseum a couple of weeks ago the queue was very long. You could book tickets with one of the many guides that stand at the entrance. That saves you waiting in line and if you are short of time is worth the extra.

We pre booked one of the hop on hop off (hoho) bus which was very good value for money.

We used RIL a couple of weeks ago and purchased our tickets in advance. Everything went very smoothly, and we avoided huge lines. It was definitely worth a few extra euros. Our driver, Salvatore, was excellent. We also hired a private guide for the Vatican through RIL, and were glad we did. Christina was waiting for us as our van pulled up. The Vatican was packed, and Christina did a fantastic job of guiding us through and showing us the highlights. We were amazed at how much we were able to see in one day with this tour.

Do get tickets ahead of time. I used the website Jany recomended. We are just back from a HAL cruise and had a day with RIL. THe Colosieum was a nightmare, it was wall to wall people. We were there 3 years ago and bought tickets from the Forum ticket office, but this time that had a huge line. Our driver, Mauro, said that too many people had read about that trick. There was even a long line for people who had pre-purchased tickets, however Mauro held up our tickets and pushed us through! Those RIL guys seem to know all the attendents at the places we visited. I don't know why Rome was so busy, it was a Sunday and there were several other cruise ships in port. The city was jamed pack, however with Mauro in charge and driving through what seemed impossibly small spaces we managed to see all the major sites, albeit briefly.

Using RIL seems to be the best decision ever! We may not be back, so intend to see as much as possible. Not waiting in lines in Rome and other busy ports makes a little preplanning well worth the time.

Does anyone know if the entrance fee to the Colosseum is a reduced rate for children (as at the Vatican) or if I need to purchase full-priced tickets for my kids? I have looked online and I'm having a hard time finding this info. Thanks in advance.

Do pre-purchase your tickets at the site provided by RIL. We did for our recent trip in May and were very glad we had. That morning there was an impromptu strike for the morning at the Colisseum (apparently this happens regularly) so we returned later that afternoon. As you can imagine, they only had half the time to get that day's tourists into the colisseum and the lineups were ridiculous. We just walked right past and had a great time. The Colisseum is not to be missed.

FWIW for us a few years ago with RIL our two drivers picked us up from port bright and early. First stop was Colisseum, one of the drivers parked up the hill and gave us history and other tidbits and the other driver went off and got tickets for all 15 of us. Ditto at every other stop that had entrance the drivers arranged. At the Vatican we had a guide so that was a snap to.

The reduced rates at the Colosseum (free for children under 18 or adults over 65) are only for citizens of the European Union, and they do ask for proof.

Does anyone know about young children and if they are required to buy a ticket (we have 4 kids in our group, 6, 4, 3 and 1). I can't imagine having to buy the one year old a ticket, but If I do I would rather know now, LOL!!

Archived