Private guide Nice & Monaco

shoebiz

My wife and I will be on the Celebrity Solstice in mid November. We would like to hire a private guide or go with a small private tour group 4-6 people while we are in Nice and Monaco. Does anyone have any recommendations and cost info?

Thanks,

Shoebiz

My wife and I will be on the Celebrity Solstice in mid November. We would like to hire a private guide or go with a small private tour group 4-6 people while we are in Nice and Monaco. Does anyone have any recommendations and cost info?

Thanks,

Shoebiz

Try Sylvie diCristo. We have her booked end of Oct and she get wonderful reviews. Have friends who used her in April and they thought she was terrific. dicristosylvie@gmail.com.

We were happy with Med-Tours for our group of 8. Unlike many others, they will book for less than a whole day. We booked 6 hours (10:00 to 4:00) and made stops in St. Paul, Eze, Nice, and Monte Carlo. Our driver's commentary was good, and the stops were well timed.

Thanks,

Shoebiz

Hi shoebiz,

Are you on the nov. 16 sailing? If so you should visit our roll call, we have quite few tours you can join. I've emailed Sylvie as well. Do you already have something set up with her for the 17th?

Kristi

Sylvie DiCristo is wonderful! Professional, flexible, and extremely friendly and personable... she made a recent visit to Nice/Eze/Monte Carlo very memorable for me.

We had Sylvie as our guide this past May. She was and is amazing. She will do everything to make your tour unique and unforgettable. She was a delight.

Mary

We were happy with Med-Tours for our group of 8. Unlike many others, they will book for less than a whole day. We booked 6 hours (10:00 to 4:00) and made stops in St. Paul, Eze, Nice, and Monte Carlo. Our driver's commentary was good, and the stops were well timed.

I agree with crmc, a half day tour is a nice option for this port. We used Theirry with Exclusive Riviera Tours for a half-day tour out of Villefranche in June. Thierry picked us up at the port with a new Mercedes van, and took us on a tour to Eze, Monte Carlo, and Monaco. He was born and raised in that area, and spoke very good English. We were back at the port by 12:30pm, then had the afternoon to walk around Villefranche, and enjoy some time on the Liberty.

• 3 weeks later...
We had Sylvie as our guide this past May. She was and is amazing. She will do everything to make your tour unique and unforgettable. She was a delight.

Mary

Agree fully. We just toured with Sylvie and she was wonderful. Our day could not have been any better.

• 2 weeks later...

I just read the current Conde Nast Travel magazine with a long article about cruising...there was a paragraph about tour guides in the south of France and they recommended, I think, Dream Tours , or something like that ...just wondering if that was Sylvie? I hope so since she is the best in the region!

Dream Tours is not Sylvie. I tried Sylvie first, but she is a one woman operation and was already booked so she referred us to Alain at Dream Tours. Our Dream Tours guide had very good English and was very focused on making sure we saw what we wanted to see. The van was clean, comfortable and air conditioned.

We just returned from Med/Venice cruise. I tried to book Sylvie but she was already booked. She is very popular and only one person. She recommended Ingrid with Kultours. She also is only one woman company. She was excellent!

I know everyone loves sylvie on these boards, but if you cannot get her for your tour, try Ingrid. You will not be disappointed. She is very flexible and speaks great English (also German, Italian, and French). She is resonably priced. She will customize any tour.

• 1 month later...

We just returned from a western med cruise and used Ingrid of Kultours for our visit to the Villefranche port. She was very knowledgeable, and she took us to a lot of interesting places (Nice, St. Paul de Vence, Monte Carlo/Monaco, and Eze). She was a great guide and we really had a wonderful day.

• 1 month later...
We just returned from Med/Venice cruise. I tried to book Sylvie but she was already booked. She is very popular and only one person. She recommended Ingrid with Kultours. She also is only one woman company. She was excellent!

I know everyone loves sylvie on these boards, but if you cannot get her for your tour, try Ingrid. You will not be disappointed. She is very flexible and speaks great English (also German, Italian, and French). She is resonably priced. She will customize any tour.

Based on recommendations from this board I also tried to reserve Sylvie for our cruise next June. She was booked but recommended Ingrid and others. I emailed Ingrid and was impressed with her willingness to be flexible and comprise an itinerary for us. I booked with her and we are looking forward to our day in France.

Thank goodness for these boards!!! I will be sure to do a trip review afterward.

We second the recommendation for Revalation Tours. We just returned from a Trans-Atlantic cruise and had Michel as our guide in Cannes. He has a wonderful knowledge of the area and took us to the best markets and small towns. he does Monaco and the whole area in Southern France. Great tour! kathy

Archived