I know its early but its never to early to plan right? What to in Grand Turk ect?

ssatterly

What would you do in Grand Turk, Aruba, La Romaina, Nassau, and Carcao or how ever you spell it....

Thanks!

We will be visiting 4 out of the 5 ports you have listed. Here is what we have planned so far:

Grand Turk... we plan to spend time at the beach right at the dock. Do some shopping, check out Margaritaville, maybe take a walk down the beach. Will probably do a little snorkeling there too, just at the beach in front of Margaritaville.

Aruba we are going to spend the day at Palm Beach.

La Romana we are going to spend the day at the AI Dreams resort.

Curacao is still to be decided but will most likely be another beach day. I do want to get some shopping in here and stroll around the waterfront area.

What would you do in Grand Turk, Aruba, La Romaina, Nassau, and Carcao or how ever you spell it....

Thanks!

Grand Turk -- Do your self a favor and get away from the harbor and see the island. If you want a great snorkling or diving, contact Audrey at Blue Water Divers. Had the time of our lives.

We love Grand Turk. We just hang out at Margaritaville! I appreciate the fresh water pool after a few days on a ship.

Just a relaxing, fairly cheap day!! Love Grand Turk!!

I have been to Grand Turk 2x, once did a kayak and snorkel excursion and the other snuba and had a great time. The beach we went to was empty, unlike the one right off the ship. Both were ship excursions with Oasis Divers I think. While it's convenient to stay at the beach, I recommend seeing the island.

We are looking at this itinerary, too!

Would be cool to go on our 13th Carnival Cruise.... to FOUR ports we have never been to before!!

Catrin

THE BEST excursion of my life was in Grand Turk. It was the Catamaran Snorkel and Private Beach. I was just there a few days ago and it was fantastic. There weren't many fish to see, but there are some geographical underwater features that were quite unique (I don't want to ruin it for you and tell details). The guides were very knowledgeable and gave a snorkel lesson for weak swimmers like myself. I

But the truth is, the free Rum Punch was unlimited and turned everyone on that catamaran into best friends. The guides didn't allow us to drink until the snorkel was done, and then they took us to a private beach for an ultimate beach party that people only dream of. We didn't know about the unlimited rum punch until our guide told us about it while we were on our way to the snorkel site. I will be honest: this excursion really isn't for small children. Our group consisted mainly of party couples, but I saw a family that looked at the debauchery from the beach like *****.

Anyway, the worst part of this excursion was leaving. When the guide told us it was time to get back on the catamaran from the beach, everyone chanted, "Hell no, we won't go!" If I ever go to Grand Turk again, this excursion will definitely be part of the itinerary.

If you like to party or watch people party, this is an excellent excursion. It was the funnest part of my cruise.

On another note, the beach in Grand Turk is nice. There are some shops as well and a pool if you aren't into the salt water stuff.

Have fun and safe travels!

For Grand Turk, Ditto to Jack's Shack - best bar EVER. Free wifi, too, so I could do a little grad school.

We rented a Jeep from Nathan and loved it, but my biggest regret is not taking a snorkel excursion to the wall. If you like to snorkel, look into it. We tried going through Blue Water Divers, but you had to have 4 and we only had 2.

We are going to Grand Turk in August.

We are not 'lots of noise' college type scene people. We are more laid back.

We will be doing the dune buggy safari then heading to Jack's afterwards. Highly recommended by a friend. Ironically her and her husband are DJ's and opt to be on vacation while on vacation and head for the mellow laid back place at Jack's.

If you go to Jack's link up above be sure to register for a Free shot of island rum, LOL

hey Susie,nothing wrong with planning early,we are planning too.Dont know how much help this will be, as all of our destinations usually in volve bars,and I second Jacks Shack. Thats where we always head,but if I remember correctly,yall dont drink.We had some friends that did the aqua boats through the ship and they loved it.If you snorkle,Grand Turk is an old divers haven,some of the best snorkleing ever.Id just look for a locally run outfit,instead of the ship, so you wont be overun.Not much chance of missing the ship,its a small place.They have a really good duty free store at the port.

Margaritaville does have a huge freshwater pool, but it can get pretty crazy there at times. Whatever you decide,its a beautiful place

Grand Turk- Jack's Shack, for sure. We screwed around at Margaritaville for far too long, though we had planned to "stop" at Jack's. What a mistake. The beach is SO much better down at Jack's...the beach near M'ville is full of ankle-twisting rocks you have to deal with every time you get in or out of the water. The snorkeling is OK to do for maybe 15-20 minutes, but not worth wasting any more time at M'ville other than to grab a tshirt and head through. Food, drinks, atmosphere at Jack's is like hanging out at a friend's patio...so much better, and more reasonably priced, than M'ville. And we're not huge drinkers, and had brought the kids. Not a party place, just casual and relaxed.

Nassau, been to once. One of the few ship sponsored tour mistakes we made on our first cruise (the Yellowbird stunk). We're looking to maybe head there on our next cruise, and I have a snorkeling excursion picked out through Seahorse. They run out of Atlantis marina. http://www.seahorsesailingadventures.com/SSA/Snorkeling.php Info over on Nassau board.

No clue on the other ports, sorry.

For Grand Turk, I totally agree with renting a golf cart from Nathan and exploring the island and then ending the day at Jack's Shack. We loved the island and it's people and have added it to our list of places to visit with the family (to fish, snorkel and just hang).

There is a small museum in Grand Turk. Lots of shipwreck memorabilia, and I loved the people there giving the tour. We did this instead of going to margaritaville. Check it out if this sort of thing is of interest to you. It's small, so a couple hours there would be plenty.

Archived