Harbour Night -Hamilton

geneology

We will be docked at Kings Warf. What time ferry should we take to get to Hamilton? Can we take the ferry back? Does anyone know what time it leaves Hamilton for Kings warf after the festival? And is it worth going to?

We will be docked at Kings Warf. What time ferry should we take to get to Hamilton? Can we take the ferry back? Does anyone know what time it leaves Hamilton for Kings warf after the festival? And is it worth going to?

Harbor Nights starts 7:00 p.m. and last ferry back is 9:30-10:00. Whether it's worth going to is hard to answer.. We enjoyed the "Bermuda style" local entertainment performed by young people and some vendors had nice crafts. Stores are open late at least along Front St. That being said, it's loud and if crafts etc aren't your "thing" maybe it's not worth going unless you just want to take advantage of shops being open in evening. We enjoyed it but friends went back to shop on 8:00 ferry.

Harbor Nights starts 7:00 p.m. and last ferry back is 9:30-10:00. Whether it's worth going to is hard to answer.. We enjoyed the "Bermuda style" local entertainment performed by young people and some vendors had nice crafts. Stores are open late at least along Front St. That being said, it's loud and if crafts etc aren't your "thing" maybe it's not worth going unless you just want to take advantage of shops being open in evening. We enjoyed it but friends went back to shop on 8:00 ferry.

Thank you -- I think we will give it a shot -- local entertainment and a night visiting the shops of Hamilton sounds like fun. Just wondering what others who have been there thought about it.

The Goombay (?) dancers were excellent and there was performance by the "National Drum Line Academy" that would put a lot of college drum lines to task... I personally like local entertainment when I travel so if you do as well you should enjoy. Also nice cool ("cool" atmosphere but also air conditioning) is Pickled Onion with nice bar for a drink to cool off right near stage area on Front St. Hope you enjoy!!!!

The Goombay (?) dancers were excellent and there was performance by the "National Drum Line Academy" that would put a lot of college drum lines to task... I personally like local entertainment when I travel so if you do as well you should enjoy. Also nice cool ("cool" atmosphere but also air conditioning) is Pickled Onion with nice bar for a drink to cool off right near stage area on Front St. Hope you enjoy!!!!

Thank you. I am sure we will enjoy the festival. And then enjoy it again tne next night at the dockyard. LOL Can not wait just 10 short days away!

The Royal Naval Nights in Dockyard is very similar to Harbour Night. However, Heritage Nights is different as it is based on Bermudian Heritage theme i.e. teaching Bermuda Kite making, the game of cricket & crown & anchor.The Craft Market has lots of locally made crafts and foods. Food stalls has things like shark hash, cod fish cakes, beer & Rum tastes. Really too many to list or remember and it is held in what I consider, the beautiful Victually Yard. I found some photos on this link

http://www.frogandonion.bm/royal_naval___heritage_nights

We went to Heritage night last week and were a bit disappointed.. There were some stalls set up with some crafts and food but, other than that I didn't see anything there. The mall was closed which surprised me with 2 ships being docked there. Maybe the entertainment came later. We walked around a bit, tried the mall and then returned to the ship.

What night is Heritage Night in the Dockyard? I thought this was Friday evenings. Isn't Harbour Night on Wednesday night?

It is on Thursday night 630 to 830. It is in the courtyard outside the Frog and Onion.

Harbour nights is on Wednesday night.

Archived