Souvenir Glasses

patty0227

I know that you when you pay for a drink on the cruise you get to keep the glass, but I also read if you ask them to rinse out your glass and dont get another free one the drink is a couple dollars cheaper, is this true? Has anyone tried this?

Its just I don't need a million glasses from my trip, not to mention it will be nice to get a cpl bucks off the drinks.

:p

we just got back - its $1 off if you reuse the souvenier glass . They will take your dirty one and give you a clean one if you dont want to take it home dirty

we just got back - its $1 off if you reuse the souvenier glass . They will take your dirty one and give you a clean one if you dont want to take it home dirty

I bring mine back to the cabin and the cabin attendant has always washed them, so I take them home clean.

A drink in a regular, non souvinier cup will cost a little less. The cup itself might depend on the cruise line. My sister cruised to Bahamas - -paid for the cut cup and found it had a hole for a plastic cup to sit inside (it was shaped like a pineapple). So once you had one glass you could order regular cups and insert it into the cute holder. She just packed it. The kids use it now!

Can't wait for the drinks on board! I love the mango one. My first cruise we came home with a suitcase filled with souvenir glasses We didn't know u could order it in a plain glass or just refill the same one over and over. Lol

• 3 weeks later...

I'm soooo confused! Get souvenir glasses, don't get..... They sound like a good deal if you like those kind of drinks! But are they mostly fruity juice? Yes, I like alcohol! Not in excess, but if they are mostly fruity juice, then I would probably just have a beer and save the money!

I think each ship is different. We were just on RCI Brilliance of the Seas and if you wanted a souvenir glass, you asked for it and were charged accordingly. I think this is much better than having to ask for a regular glass. We've cruised RCI many times and this was the first time we'd seen that you could ask and pay for the souvenir glass if you wanted one. Much better system. :)

I'm soooo confused! Get souvenir glasses, don't get..... They sound like a good deal if you like those kind of drinks! But are they mostly fruity juice? Yes, I like alcohol! Not in excess, but if they are mostly fruity juice, then I would probably just have a beer and save the money!

Every cruise I've been on - it's been A LOT of alcohol.

So many people don't even know they are paying for the glass and leave them sitting around. I've seen more being picked up by the staff to be washed and sold again. The cruise lines really make out don't they? You can only have so many souvenir glasses. My favorite ones are glass, not plastic.

So many people don't even know they are paying for the glass and leave them sitting around. I've seen more being picked up by the staff to be washed and sold again. The cruise lines really make out don't they? You can only have so many souvenir glasses. My favorite ones are glass, not plastic.

Mine, too. I have two hurricane glasses, and two of the "mason jar" types from previous cruises. Wish I had gotten the "brandy snifter" ones but missed them.

I recently got a shot of limoncello in the CUTEST little green and clear glass and was stunned to find out it is GLASS, not plastic. If I had known that earlier in the cruise, I would have brought a whole set home. Since it was the last night I just couldn't (or shouldn't) drink that much limoncello.

Archived