Nautica cat f inside guarantee??

dimiegirl

Hello everyone. My husband and I are taking our first oceania cruise this summer aboard the Nautica. We are very excited to try this upscale line!! We booked a cat F inside guarantee, which we were told, is on decks 6 or 7 midship if they give us the cat F, which is the minimum we are guaranteed. I was wondering if anyone who has booked an inside guarantee with oceania would be able to tell me what our chances are for an upgrade and the type of upgrade that you were given. I know that Cat F is the highest inside category so the next category would be the lowest oceanview. I would also like to know if there are many oceanview rooms that are forward. While I would be thrilled to get an oceanview upgrade, I have had some problems with forward cabins and motion sickness so I would like to be prepared for that possiblity, Any information would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!:)

More than likely you will get the F CAT

They will usually UPSELL those already in a confirmed cabin to a higher CAT but there is always an exception & you may get upgraded

If you do not want to be forward just decline the upgrade

Enjoy the cruise

lyn

Thanks so much for the information. I didn't realize you could decline an upgrade on a guarantee. I thought you had to take whatever they gave you as long as it was at least the minimum guarantee. Thanks again:)

Thanks so much for the information. I didn't realize you could decline an upgrade on a guarantee. I thought you had to take whatever they gave you as long as it was at least the minimum guarantee. Thanks again:)

The deal with a guarantee is that it is Oceania's choice, as long as you get the level that you booked or better.

That is different from the offer of an up-sell, where YOU decide.

I would join the ROLL CALL for your cruise

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=422

Just look for the sailing date of your cruise

If people are getting upsell offers they will post there. It will give you an idea of how full the CAT's are

Keep an eye on your account at Oceania home page your cabin # will show there when assigned also your TA should notify you

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/alreadybookedlogin.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2falreadybooked%2fdefault.aspx

Thanks LHT28 and JimandStan for the information. I will keep an eye out on the oceania website to see if they assign a cabin for us. Is this something that they typically will do in advance or will they wait until embarkation day?

Thanks LHT28 and JimandStan for the information. I will keep an eye out on the oceania website to see if they assign a cabin for us. Is this something that they typically will do in advance or will they wait until embarkation day?

we have only done a GTY once & it was assigned ahead of time but it depends on the cruise I guess

enjoy the cruise

Lyn

OK, we did what you did, last summer, cat F or G guaranteed. We did not know the cabin # at all, which made me think I might get upgraded. When we checked in, we found they upgraded us to the next level, a ocean view cabin. It was forward on the 3rd level. We were on the Athens to Barcelona Med. cruise. They had a very large number of alumni association groups, plus the smaller group (50 persons) that we were with, and they needed the cabins for the other groups, I had heard.

The sea was very calm the whole trip, so I did not feel any motion from that. I always take Bonine anyway, for the ship, bus tours, etc. I did think I could feel the vibration of the motors, but got used to it. One thing I liked was that it was easy to get to an elevator or stairs, and there was not a lot of noise in the hallway.

Now we were part of a small wine group on this cruise, and booked through a TA. We met a couple who booked directly with O for an inside cabin, and they were not upgraded. They also had no SB credit, or pre-paid grats.

OK, we did what you did, last summer, cat F or G guaranteed. We did not know the cabin # at all, which made me think I might get upgraded. When we checked in, we found they upgraded us to the next level, a ocean view cabin. It was forward on the 3rd level. We were on the Athens to Barcelona Med. cruise. They had a very large number of alumni association groups, plus the smaller group (50 persons) that we were with, and they needed the cabins for the other groups, I had heard.

The sea was very calm the whole trip, so I did not feel any motion from that. I always take Bonine anyway, for the ship, bus tours, etc. I did think I could feel the vibration of the motors, but got used to it. One thing I liked was that it was easy to get to an elevator or stairs, and there was not a lot of noise in the hallway.

Now we were part of a small wine group on this cruise, and booked through a TA. We met a couple who booked directly with O for an inside cabin, and they were not upgraded. They also had no SB credit, or pre-paid grats.

Thanks so much for the information. It makes me feel better to know you had a pleasant experience forward part of ship. Sounds like we will be fine either way! :)

Hello,

We were on the Nautica in february this year and were booked in a C1 (outside deck 4) and had received a stateroomnumber. This number was also on all our documents, but when we boarded the ship in Bangkok, we were told someone else was is our stateroom. After a quick search we were told we were in a stateroom on the sixth deck, yes in a verandah, we were very pleased. But this room was all the way foreward and we did have a storm during our cruise (many were sick onboard). Luckily my husband and I don't get seasick, so we were very happy with our verandah, we enjoyed our room very much. Just to say that sometimes they don't leave you any choice, you just get another room, but you don't hear me complaining.

Regards

Also don't forget that it's a factor of how high you are as well as how forward you are.

I have a tendency towards mal de mer, my husband should have been a sailor. I've been in forward cabins where I felt nothing, and in midship cabins where I stayed in bed for a while. (Usually we try for a PH but on occasion we've had an "A", and on one occasion we lucked out with an OS, another time we opted for a VS.)

The OS (rear of Regatta) was in the Med and I don't recall any problems. The VS (forward on Insignia) was in the North Sea and there was some rough weather. We did feel it but it wasn't incapacitating as I recall.

So itinerary counts, weather counts, location counts, sure, but it's not just whether you are forward or not. I hear that people down on Deck 3 don't have the problems we might have on Deck 8.

Good luck on however it turns out.

Mura

Archived