arrival time and beach towels

We are leaving on the Oasis of the Seas (RC) on the 16th and are first time floaters. My brother thinks we may begin boarding at 2:00, but I have seen on here that you may begin the process earlier. Does anyone have an experience they can share?

Also, do we need beach towels at the ports or are will there be some available for rent/purchase?

Thank you in advance for any advice you can offer. We are feeling a little overwhelmed as our cruise date is quickly approaching! :)

We are leaving on the Oasis of the Seas (RC) on the 16th and are first time floaters. My brother thinks we may begin boarding at 2:00, but I have seen on here that you may begin the process earlier. Does anyone have an experience they can share?

Also, do we need beach towels at the ports or are will there be some available for rent/purchase?

Thank you in advance for any advice you can offer. We are feeling a little overwhelmed as our cruise date is quickly approaching! :)

I love your expression "first time floaters". Anyway plan to be there to board about 11am. By 12:30 you'll be on the ship eating lunch. Towels are avaliable, no need to bring your own. There is usually a towel hut at the pool where you sign out towels for the pool & beach. Return them at the end of the day or exchange them for clean ones.

Most of the time the cabins are not ready before 2pm, so you will have to take your carryons with you to lunch. Have a great cruise.

Boarding will begin after all the previous cruise's passengers are off. This is typically around 11:00 - 12:00. You can pretty much show up any time after 10ish and they will check you in. From there, you will be directed to a place to relax until boarding begins. There are usually some drinks and cookies available.

If you arrive after boarding has begun, you will be back to check in and go directly on board.

As far as towels go, you will use your seapass card to check out however many towels you want. You can take these off the ship, use them at the pool etc. You can exchange them for clean towels throughout the cruise on the pool deck where you check them out.

If you don't return them at the end of the cruise, you are charged $20 per towel. There's nothing special about the towels, so you should definitely turn them back in.

I love your expression "first time floaters". Anyway plan to be there to board about 11am. By 12:30 you'll be on the ship eating lunch. Towels are avaliable, no need to bring your own. There is usually a towel hut at the pool where you sign out towels for the pool & beach. Return them at the end of the day or exchange them for clean ones.

Most of the time the cabins are not ready before 2pm, so you will have to take your carryons with you to lunch. Have a great cruise.

When we sail on the Oasis on Feb 2011, we arrived at the terminal around 11:00 am. It was packed! I was surprised to see that many people so early. The check-in is usually quick because the terminal has many, many check-in booths. Get there early and start exploring this MEGA SHIP. You can have lunch on the ship.

DO NOT MISS the FAMOUS roast beef sandwiches at Park Café (Deck 8 ~ Central Park).

Have fun and enjoy!!!

When we sail on the Oasis on Feb 2011, we arrived at the terminal around 11:00 am. It was packed! I was surprised to see that many people so early. The check-in is usually quick because the terminal has many, many check-in booths. Get there early and start exploring this MEGA SHIP. You can have lunch on the ship.

DO NOT MISS the FAMOUS roast beef sandwiches at Park Café (Deck 8 ~ Central Park).

Have fun and enjoy!!!

I have been hearing alot about these Roast beef Sandwiches...are they really that good??:p

Just floated off on June 4th. Or should I say crawled off. We had an absolute blast and booked same ship, same itinerary next April. You will LOVE it. First off pack lite in your carry on bags as the rooms do not open until 1PM and you will be dragging it around. Get to the port at 10:30 AM and you will miss the crowds, although they do a super job of checking everyone in quickly. Why waste even one hour of your vacation. Make sure your set sail pass is printed out along with your passport Put your swimsuits in your carry on if you want to swim right away. The roast beef sandwiches at park cafe are good but so is the made to order salad that is also available here. It does get crowded after 11:45AM. Have a great time!!!!!

Good yes but a bit over rated on these boards.

Like all food, how you feel about the roast beef sandwich is a matter of personal taste.

I enjoyed my sandwich.

It is a rare food that can cause me to go into the orgiastic ecstasy some people on Cruise Critic express.

It's better than what you will get in the Windjammer.

There is a nice salad bar there, too, and other sandwiches besides the "famous roast beef."

Indoor and outdoor seating.

2214702510077959744S600x600Q85.jpg

Like all food, how you feel about the roast beef sandwich is a matter of personal taste.

I enjoyed my sandwich.

It is a rare food that can cause me to go into the orgiastic ecstasy some people on Cruise Critic express.

It's better than what you will get in the Windjammer.

There is a nice salad bar there, too, and other sandwiches besides the "famous roast beef."

Indoor and outdoor seating.

I enjoyed the sandwich but I just feel some overstate it. I agree the salad bar there is very nice for lunch.

Just a quick tip. Get your towels the night before for your beach excursions. The lines were a little long on the Freedom (I wish I had remembered that tip that I read on c.c.)

Try not to be overwhelmed with planning and enjoy your first cruise.:)

Archived