9 Beaches..beach facilities opened to Public

Maple Sugar

The Royal Gazette today has an article about 9 Beaches Resort beach facilities being opened to the public.

It is a lovely area and not far from the Dockyard. Well worth seeing....

"Tourists and locals are now being encouraged to put the resort’s main beach, which previously could only be used by guests, to good use. A concessions stand rents towels, chairs, umbrellas and inflatables, and sells drinks, ice creams and hot food. Nearby another food outlet sells snow cones and popcorn".

Hi Sugar (sorry, couldn't resist),

Yes, saw that too - good for them to keep the facilities in use until the redevelopment can start.

Here's where it is - look for Daniel's Head at the far left of the map:

Daniels-Head-map.jpg

As you can see, it's MUCH closer to Dockyard than HSB - less than half the distance, but it's a good ten minute walk from the main road.

You would use the same bus as if you were going to HSB or the other South Shore beaches.

Have Fun!

Is it walkable from the Dockyard??? It doesn't look that far!?! We are trying to think of things to do on our final of 3 days in Bermuda in September, and thought we would try to stay as close as possible to the the ship.

Is it walkable from the Dockyard??? It doesn't look that far!?! We are trying to think of things to do on our final of 3 days in Bermuda in September, and thought we would try to stay as close as possible to the the ship.

No. Do not walk.

jmwg49 asked: ....Is it walkable from the Dockyard?.....

The total distance is about 4 miles from the Dockyard to 9 Beaches. You could take a taxi for the entire distance. A route #7 or #8 bus will drop you at a stop leaving about .6-.7 mile walk.

SBtS

SBtS...thank you for your opinion. Is this a good thing to consider doing on our final day in Bermuda (Miracle 9/11 ...3 days) We want to do something fun on the final day, not straying too far from the ship. My husband is a photography buff, and would probably enjoy some good scenery. Myself, I am all about the water! Is there snorkelling in this area at all? Would we have any problem catching a bus back to the dockyard in mid afternoon?

My dh and I have been to Bermuda with our kids, but the rest of our extended family has not....we will all be there this August....do you think Horseshoe Bay is a "not to be missed" beach or do you think this beach is a better choice?? Thanks.

Horseshoe Bay is a not to be missed beach.

There is a shuttle bus that folks use. I think it was like 4.00 I used it to go to the golf course. It might be good for going to 9 Beaches as that was one of the stops on our way. Maybe someone with more info can come in on this subject.

Technically it is walkable, but you're looking at about a forty minute walk on roads without sidewalks. I used to live about ten minutes away from Daniel's Head, and made a walk from Boaz Island in about thirty minutes. I was glad I did it, but never did it again.

It's quite a lovely area if all you're looking for is some relaxing beach time. It doesn't compare to the South Shore beaches at all, but I still have a soft spot for it. The 9 Beaches site used to be the Canadian Military Base, and a number of the resort buildings were used by the military. I have a lot of fond memories of that entire area.

I can't wait to hear the reports back on this beach. I sent a e-mail asking questions like the hours of operation, cost of massages, price of rentals etc. Hopefully I get a response back or I can just wait until someone returns.

I haven't seen any reports on this forum, but maybe the reports are being posted as part of an overall cruise review.

SBtS

I have not seen any reports either but since it just happened about ten days ago that does not surprise me.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived