bringing on wine- only at initial check in?

dettlja

I know I can bring on 1 bottle pp... here's my question-

Im sailing on the Victory out of San Juan and it doesnt depart until 10pm. Lots of people check in, board, eat lunch and then head back off the ship to sight see before the ship leaves.

Do I have to bring on the wine during my initial check-in/boarding of the ship? I swear Ive seen peoples reviews where they checked in, boarded, ate lunch on Lido and then went to CVS. Seems like it would be alot easier to grab the wine after I've dropped off my carry-ons, but then that seems to defeat the purpose of the policy.

Help?

Thanks!!

Jaimee

I'm betting that they are going to enforce the rule that wine can only be brought aboard during embarkation. There would be no way for them to know if you brought 2 bottles at embarkation and then 2 more after going site seeing.

But, I could be wrong. I'm sure other people that have sailed out of SJ more recently than me will speak up.

Sounds to me like you could bring it on both times to me.

Thats what I was thinking... if they allow you to bring it on during re-board then hub and I could bring on 4 bottles. Of course, as a lawyer, I would never break the rules. ;)

Wow a smugglers paradise.

Couple of years ago, you didnt even have to smuggle...there is a duty free liquor store on the upper level. They use to allow people to buy bottles of liquor and carry them right on...they got strict and hold the bottles now.

It was so nice..lol

We dumped our things, went back out, and brought four bottles on, no problem. There is a grocery store way up by the army square that has a really nice wine selection. CVS has some too, but the walk up to the grocery is so nice. We just told the guy at the scanner as we came back that we had wine, and he waved us right through.

Archived