Decisions, Decisions! Legend or Dream

Please help! We love the aft. There's a great regular sized aft cabin on the Dream available and a Vista Suite aft on the Legend. The price is almost the same! Itinerary doesn't mean much to us. We just want a nice room, a great balcony, and a fun ship.

Anyone been on Both the Dream and the Legend?

Would you go with the regular room on the Dream or the Vista suite on the Legend??

I will so appreciate anyone's opinions of these two ships! Please help us decide!

As far as the ship goes, I much prefer Dream to any Spirit class ship, which Legend is. However, the vista suites on Spirit class ships are amazing!!! With your scenario, I might actually choose the vista suite over the nicer ship.

Dream has tons of activities, a fun atmosphere, and the best waterslides you'll find on any cruise ship (other than Dream's sister ships Magic & Breeze). We were on the Legend's sister ship, Miracle, and the atmosphere was much more subdued, and the ship is more confusing to get around in. But they have a good waterslide, 3 swimming pools, & a better public space per guest ratio than the Dream, so it's not as crowded as Dream.

Either ship, we liked them both. The Spirit Class ships are actually easier to navigate around than the Dream Class and Conquest Class ships, imho. You don't have to go down to the 2nd deck or up to the 5th deck to get to the aft dinning room. The Dream does have a dedicated Comedy club and MUTS and the Legend doesn't. Didn't care for our balcony on the Upper Deck (Deck 6). The promanade is just below and we had people playing chess at 3am right below our cabin. The Dream has 2 giant chess sets and 2 jacuzzis on the 5th deck Promanade. Both ports are easy to get in and out of, however, the Port of Tampa is closer to Tampa Airport than Port Canaveral is to Orlando International. Since itinerary doesn't matter and cost is roughly the same, you can't go wrong with either choice. Have a great time.

We have been on both....the Dream just once, but the Legend several times cause it is right in our area.

The Dream is nicer cause it is newer....but there is nothing wrong with Legend. The Dream has the new adult oriented deck with is VERY nice...Legend goes under the Skyway out of an easy port and probably cheaper port. I can pick you up and the airport and take you there if you want...hahaha!

A vista suite is awesome....they do similiar Western itineraries...Dream also does Eastern...Legend goes to Grand Caymen, Dream doesn't (which was a plus for us only because we have done it so many other times)

you won't go worng either way.....

when are you looking at? are you spending time pre or post cruise? that may make a little difference....

I too have done both ships, and agree with the others that you won't go wrong with either. Having said that, the "Dream" has some things that you won't find on "Legend", but they aren't necessarily things that you'll want to do, or appreciate. The "Legend" is far less crowded, and has a generally, more relaxed atmosphere, in my opinion. Port of Tampa is easier, and less expensive to get to, whether you're flying in, or driving in and parking at the port. Sailing under the "Sunshine Skyway" bridge is a real treat, and something you won't experience aboard "Dream". "Dream" is absolutely beautiful, and new, and is excellent as well, so once again,,,,,you won't be disappointed with either.

"SKY"

I too have done both ships, and agree with the others that you won't go wrong with either. Having said that, the "Dream" has some things that you won't find on "Legend", but they aren't necessarily things that you'll want to do, or appreciate. The "Legend" is far less crowded, and has a generally, more relaxed atmosphere, in my opinion. Port of Tampa is easier, and less expensive to get to, whether you're flying in, or driving in and parking at the port. Sailing under the "Sunshine Skyway" bridge is a real treat, and something you won't experience aboard "Dream". "Dream" is absolutely beautiful, and new, and is excellent as well, so once again,,,,,you won't be disappointed with either.

"SKY"

Thanks Sky. I forgot about the Sunshine Skyway Bridge. It is fabulous sailing under it. It looks like the ship isn't going to make it. We got up by the Funnel. Fantastic view.

We were on the Legend's sister ship, Miracle, and the atmosphere was much more subdued, and the ship is more confusing to get around in. .

Haven't been on the Spirit class yet. (2 months to go :D)

But in the hundreds and hundreds of reviews I have read of Spirit class ships and the Conquest (and now Dream) class ships, that may be the first time I have seen someone say that the Spirit class is more confusing to navigate.:eek:;)

We went on the Conquest class twice (Dream is basically the same) and hated the layout compared to the smaller Fantasy class. (much more confusing and poorly designed. Yet they keep cranking them out.)

And the #1 thing in any Spirit class review is how easy they are to navigate and how nice the passenger flow is everywhere.

I would take the much nicer cabin on the Legend over the Dream, even if I liked the classes equally.

If you think the Movies Under the Stars big screen by the pool or fancier waterslides would sway your decision more than a nicer cabin, then maybe the Dream would be better.

The Legend just had a refurbishment a few months ago, with a brand new adults only serenity deck addition.

Bigger, is definitely not always better. (especially when bigger also means longer lines with more people for everything.)

No matter what you decide, have a fantastic cruise.

Bill

I've been on both, and we've booked the Legend for the 2nd time. We liked the Dream, but it was HUGE. I like the layout of the Legend, and they've added the Serenity deck with a pool. Dream has the Serenity, but there is not a pool there.

I love going out of Tampa - I grew up close to there - going under the bridge is amazing.

I'd go with the Legend.

Thank you all so much! I really appreciate your "first hand" knowledge of these two ships!

After sleeping on it, we are now booked for June 2012 on the LEGEND! And now.....the fun begins! I love the planning ALMOST as much as the cruise!

Thanks!

Thank you all so much! I really appreciate your "first hand" knowledge of these two ships!

After sleeping on it, we are now booked for June 2012 on the LEGEND! And now.....the fun begins! I love the planning ALMOST as much as the cruise!

Thanks!

Make sure you are on the Sun Deck, by the Funnel, around 2 hours after you leave port. The ship goes under the Sunshine Skyway Bridge and it is an amazing sight.:)

But in the hundreds and hundreds of reviews I have read of Spirit class ships and the Conquest (and now Dream) class ships, that may be the first time I have seen someone say that the Spirit class is more confusing to navigate.:eek:;)

We went on the Conquest class twice (Dream is basically the same) and hated the layout compared to the smaller Fantasy class. (much more confusing and poorly designed. Yet they keep cranking them out.)

And the #1 thing in any Spirit class review is how easy they are to navigate and how nice the passenger flow is everywhere.

I would take the much nicer cabin on the Legend over the Dream, even if I liked the classes equally.

If you think the Movies Under the Stars big screen by the pool or fancier waterslides would sway your decision more than a nicer cabin, then maybe the Dream would be better.

The Legend just had a refurbishment a few months ago, with a brand new adults only serenity deck addition.

Bigger, is definitely not always better. (especially when bigger also means longer lines with more people for everything.)

No matter what you decide, have a fantastic cruise.

Bill

I am k2excursion's mother and we were on the Miracle togther in April. I agree with the Miracle being confusing. Our cabin was on deck 4 forward. The hallway keeps jutting in and out. You have to walk through the elevator lobby to jut back out again to get to the cabins. That isn't the real problem it just adds to the problem.

But the real problem is they don't have signs at all the elevator lobbies to direct you to the correct entrance to the cabins (there are 4). When you get off they don't show which way is port or starboard (even cabins or odd cabins). If you weren't paying attention when you got on the elevator you may not even remember which way is aft. So when you get off the elevator you have 4 choices of entrances to the cabins and no signs. If you choose wrong you have to go back into the elevator lobby and get to the correct entrance. To me it is much easier to remember which decks have the restaurant than to be always trying to orient yourself after getting off the elevator.

Sharon

Legend cabin #6232.

We are in 6234 in January and I'm so jazzed about that balcony! Forget the bathroom, etc...It's all about the balcony! I didn't even know these existed!

Have you been in 6232 already?

Can't wait!

Thanks!

Good decision. Be sure to let us know how it goes. :)

I know, right. I can't understand that at all. The main thing I see people complain about is how you can't get from one end of the deck to the other on every deck on Conquest class. To me, that's never a problem. If I've made a mistake, I simply climb up or down a set of stairs, go down that deck, and go right back down or up the stairs, and I'm there. Easy as can be. Obviously, it wouldn't be easy for a disabled person, since they have to then wait on elevators twice. Even with this factor, it took me 2 days on a Conquest class ship to figure this out, and I never have had to go up and down the steps in that manner since.

Plus, the Conquest/Dream/Triumph/Splendor layout is so simple. 2 decks of rooms, then 3 decks of public areas (with most of the entertainment on Deck 5), then 3 decks of rooms, then the pool/buffet/waterslides. So simple. Spirit class would take several pages to explain where everything is like I just did in one sentence for other classes. That's because things are scattered everywhere, some in very strange and unusual places. The social staff even don't know where some things are. There are hidden hallways and entrances to things that are so easy to miss. I was still making wrong turns and having to backtrack on Day 8 of our cruise. Maybe it's just me.

I do agree that the Fantasy/Holiday class layout is the most simple & easiest of all to navigate.

Archived