Children's clothing on gala night

Aqua37

Hi, can you pls give me an idea what a 10-yr old boy should wear on gala evenings? I thought of long trousers and a shirt, and smart shoes. As to my 16-yr old, he does not need to wear a jacket I assume.

Hi Aqua37

Our 12 and 16 year old grandsons wore black shirts with a tie and dark trousers - did the gala dinner and shot off for the "teen dinner" in the beffet as well. There were lots of teens on that cruise (April this year) and they were all dressed much the same. There was only one boy in their "crowd" who had a dinner jacket for the gala dinner - which he duly dumped when they all went upstairs. Hope this helps

We do 14 night cruises where there are generally 3 Gala nights. My child was 4 and 5 on previous cruises. He will turn 7 on his next cruise. (as his actual Birthday next year is the 3rd night of the cruise and the first sea day we are kind of assuming that this will be the Welcome Gala night)

Mine has worn a tux for 2 of the 3 Gala nights and black pants, dress shirt and tie for the other. BUT this is only because he has already had a tux (he been in a number of weddings where he has had to have them) and it was a good excuse to wear them again before he grew out of them!. He also had the tie and dress shirt from needing them at home for other events-again it was a good excuse to wear them again.

He was the MOST dressed of any of the kids. I found that formal dress did not seem to apply for kids especially boys. They just wore pants and nice polo shirts- but they seemed to be wearing that on other nights as well. Girls tended to appear more dressed up on Gala nights- this might be that girls tend to have more clothes that can be more easily dressed up than boys.

Archived