The Dutch Travel Advisor

Please help, has anyone used this service, and were you satisfied?

Thank you, Carlotta

This company was recommended on CC; and we have arranged transfers from Amsterdam Schipol to Rotterdam; Rotterdam to Amsterdam post cruise, as well as a day tour to Groesbeek cemetary, and two museums in that area of Holland. I have received very prompt attention form Edwin. I did check for comments on Trip Advisor, and there did seem to be positive response. We have booked excursions in Alaska because of comments on CC, with great results, so we are hoping that we will have the same experience with this company,

Marilyn

Hi Marilyn,

Thank you for your reply!! Wayne and I are on the same cruise with you. Very much looking forward to meeting you.

We are in Amsterdam first, and had asked for a price from Edwin going to Rotterdam. The train seems difficult with a lot of suitcases.

Blessings, Carlotta

Hi Marilyn,

Thank you for your reply!! Wayne and I are on the same cruise with you. Very much looking forward to meeting you.

We are in Amsterdam first, and had asked for a price from Edwin going to Rotterdam. The train seems difficult with a lot of suitcases.

Blessings, Carlotta

I had checked a number of other transfers, and the prices were quite high; so once we had a quote from Edwin, and compared this to the train fares for three pax, we decided to confirm the details. We will transfer from the ship in Rotterdam to Amsterdam, post cruise. The next day we are travelling to the Canadian cemetary in Arnhem, where I have two uncles buried and Edwin designed a great day trip to include two other venues. We were satisfied with his attention to our needs, and so have placed ourselves in his hands. We too are very excited to meet the members of the Roll Call; and hope to spend some fun times with the members of this group,

Marilyn

We used Edwin for a group of 12 on our Eclipse cruise last July...

I have done a large number of private group tours over my years of cruising...and, IMHO, Edwin is ABSOLUTELY THE BEST...

First, he was incredibly responsive and accommodating...

And he was as organized a guide as we've ever had...

Here is what I wrote in my review when we returned from that cruise:

Rotterdam: Here I arranged for a private tour for 12 with “The Dutch Travel Advisor” (129€ or 139€ pp, depending on the variation, see below, including ALL museum fees and extra guides), Edwin Groeneweg. I think we hit the absolute jackpot on private guides. This guy was the most organized and efficient private guide we’ve ever had. He met us at the ship in Rotterdam at 9 am with a minibus and took us directly to the Canal Boat in Amsterdam, providing commentary throughout the bus ride and canal boat ride. After the boat ride, we went to the Van Gogh Museum, then to lunch at a sandwich café in Museum Square. At this point, he split up the group, bringing four to the Rijksmuseum while the rest of us finished lunch, then returning and bringing the other 8 to pre-arranged taxis to the Portuguese Synagogue and Jewish Museum (including the Great Synagogue). Note: There was simply not enough time in our port stop to see everything, so this is the one election we all made and our group could not agree, but Edwin deftly accommodated the split. At the Jewish Museum, Edwin handed us off to a specialized guide, Marika, who took the 8 of us through the Synagogues and Museum while Edwin returned to the Rijksmuseum to pick up with the other four. After our portion of the tour, Edwin brought the other four to meet us at the Jewish Museum along with yet another specialized guide, Andre—an expert on Canal Houses and Gardens, who, along with Edwin, led us all on a walking tour of Amsterdam’s older sections, including a visit to a private historic double canal house mansion and gardens—where we were treated to drinks and snacks along with a tour—and through the Red Light District and, finally to the Anne Frank House. At each stop, Edwin had pre-arranged tickets and reservations, so we waited on no lines, bypassing large lines and entering each attraction immediately upon arrival. After the Anne Frank House, our minibus was waiting and we arrived back at the ship at 10:00 pm, exhausted. But we saw more by far in Amsterdam than any shore excursion offered by the ship (their offerings were incredibly unsatisfying, bypassing any museums or major tourist sites, probably for fear of getting 40 people through the lines and not taking advantage of the midnight departure time).

• 2 years later...
Please help, has anyone used this service, and were you satisfied?

Thank you, Carlotta

I found The Dutch Travel Advisor on Cruise Critic Forum,when I was trying to put tour for 20 people together. I wanted to go to Delft & The Haig.After contacting Edwin Groeneweg he soon put together a great tour for me. Edwin was a delight to deal with very prompt with his reply's.

We did a tour with him last year while on The Sea Princess World Cruise which docked at Rotterdam.We were picked up from the port in a spotless coach .He was wonderful,in fact it was the tour of the cruise. There were so many high lights.He took us to the secret garden.Everyone loved this tour he took us to places we would never been able to find .We did a tour of Delft first great.He organise for one of the only two Delft factory's left to open for us on Saturday morning, I love Delft wear & found it very interesting.Delft was alive with a Antique market along the river every where was so very pretty. There is also a really beautiful church that has taken years to renovate very very interesting.

We also went to the Haig, during the walking tour we visited the spectacular Panorama Mesdag Museum.

The Panorama is a cylindrical painting, more than 14 meters high and 120 meters in circumference. The vista of the sea, the dunes and Scheveningen village where painted by Hendrik Willem Mesdag in 1881. The artist is the one who painted the pearl earring .This Is Not To Be Missed . I am sorry it has taken me so long to do this review as many people may have missed this tour company.This was a walking tour & Edwin adjusted the pace to suit everyone we were never rushed.He is very proud of his country. If you are visiting the Netherlands you can't find a better guide.

Edited by SydneyOysters

• 4 months later...

I have contacted this company to enquire about a one day private tour of Amsterdam ten days ago. I have received a couple of replies stating that they are extremely busy and promised a definite detail response three days ago, but still have not heard anything till now. Did anyone have the same problem?

The tour that Edwin created for us was in competition with the two- day St Petersburg tour on our Baltic cruise 2011. We negotiated a package price for pickup at the Amsterdam airport, a transfer to Rotterdam ( Hotel. New York ); a post- cruise transfer from the Rotterdam cruise terminal to our Amsterdam hotel ( Hotel Fita ). The next day he arranged a full day ( first we visited the Canadian cemetary in Nijmegen , where I have two uncles buried; then on to the Kroller-Muler museum, lunch in a small village inn; and then finished the day at the Palais Het Loo. We had another free day in Amsterdam. Edwin then drove us to the airport. Incredible service; a wealth of knowledge, and a well organized and thoughtful itinerary. We had overnight responses from him, upon each email; but we did begin the planning some months prior to our arrival,date,

Marilyn

Sent from my iPad using Forums