Vegan Dishes ……….anyone have experience?

Duck Duck Cruise

I haven't had experience with Vegan dishes on Princess, but both my fiance and I are Vegetarian and they have a lot of options on the regular menus. You may have to get them to revise a few items, but I'm sure there will be plenty of delicious dishes to choose from! A friend of mine also has to have foods without gluten and they totally accomodated her no problem. I'm not sure if they will have any Vegan desserts, but I'm sure it won't be a problem with other dishes.

It is NOT true that there will be lots of vegan dishes. A vegan lifestyle is difficult. As I am sure you realize, most vegetarian dishes have cheese, egg whites, yogurt, etc.

That having been said, there will sometimes be good vegan dishes. However, if you check with the dining room each day for the following day, the kitchen will modify what dishes it can, and will make special vegan dishes at your request. If the following day does not have a suitable dish, I usually request vegetable curry, spaghetti with vegetable sauce, and so forth. Not only has the kitchen always come through, but after a while the chef comes up with his own vegan suggestions.

Incidentally, I am not a vegan by choice, but by doctor's orders.

Bill

Hi,

We will talk to the Head Waiter etc and register our preference on our booking page but wanted to know if anyone has had Vegan meals on Princess.

Thanks,

Lin

I'm a vegetarian, not a vegan but on our last cruise there was a vegan in our MDR section so we shared the same head waiter. He talked about the special dishes done for her and on some nights they made enough for me too!

They will definitely accommodate vegans but you must talk to your head waiter and order your meals through him/her. You must order your meals the day before. What that means is you may have a bit of problem getting what you want the first night, but no problem at all after that. If you see the maitre d' the afternoon of boarding you might be able to work something out with him at that time.

From my experience the waiters, head waiter, and maitre d' will knock themselves out to insure you get what you request.

Have a great cruise.

• 1 month later...

Bill:

Do you still hate your vegan diet? I'm going on 8 months, now, and I really enjoy it. On our last cruise, before I was vegan but my wife was, the modified choices were less than inspiring. I am hoping for better results on our cruise in December.

I'm a vegetarian, not a vegan but on our last cruise there was a vegan in our MDR section so we shared the same head waiter. He talked about the special dishes done for her and on some nights they made enough for me too!

They will definitely accommodate vegans but you must talk to your head waiter and order your meals through him/her. You must order your meals the day before. What that means is you may have a bit of problem getting what you want the first night, but no problem at all after that. If you see the maitre d' the afternoon of boarding you might be able to work something out with him at that time.

From my experience the waiters, head waiter, and maitre d' will knock themselves out to insure you get what you request.

Have a great cruise.

My husband is a vegan (with even more restrictions - no oil and no nuts - it's also medically advised) and it's also been our experience that the chef and head waiter will knock themselves out for you.

He REALLY got spoiled on our last cruise. His meals were beautiful AND flavorful! (BTW - anyone know where Chef Joel Directo is? We'd follow him anywhere! :D )

Archived