What's the latest time I can leave the ship on departure day??

jeanniedc

Hello. My Equinox 10 day Med. cruise arrives in Rome at 4:30 AM on the last day. We are in no rush to leave the ship, as our family is going back to Rome for a few days. We are not early morning people, so I am hoping we could disembark at 8:30 or 9:00.

Does this sound reasonable? I understand that they need to clean the ship for the next trip.

Thanks!!

In the Caribbean, we've stayed onboard until about 9:30 or so. The computers shut down at 9 so you can't buy anything after that but until then it was nice to relax at Cafe al Bacio. You do need to be out of your stateroom though and I think they stop serving breakfast by 8am. I have no idea if it's the same in Europe.

In Southampton when we were on a B2B on Eclipse, by 10 am they were calling passengers by name to disembark. Twenty of us had the ship to ourselves for a couple of hours, it was bliss. We sat in Cafe Bacio having a latte, followed by a complimentary lunch in Bistro on 5. The change over was easy, and we hope to do it again someday.

Richard

On a B2B last winter in Caribbean I tried to be the last person off cruise #1, just for fun. It was 10 or so. All the non B2B passengers were off by that time, and they called our group to exit (with the return five minutes later to start the new cruise). So to answer the OP's question, 8:30 or 9:00 is a very reasonable time to disembark. All the food operations will be closed by then and you need to be out of your stateroom by 8:00, so you might as well go ashore...:(

Archived