RCCL Reservation Transfer Restriction

In the past we have transferred our booking from RCCL to a TA to get prepaid gratuities. I was not aware of the 60 day restriction, but now see it on the transfer form . The thing I find interesting is the following line from Transfer Form.

"Bookings may only be transferred to a Travel Agent up until 60 days from creation if the request is made outside of Final Payment period and the booking is not paid in full."

My interpretation is that as long as the booking is paid in full before the final payment is due then you should be able to transfer the booking. I guess I will need to call RCCL to confirm my interpretation is correct.

Does anyone have experience with this?

I am very interested in hearing from some TAs, past or present, whether or not a TA would accept a transfer of a booking that was paid in full.

TIA

I think that, if you have already paid in full, the booking cannot be transferred, even if you're outside of final payment.

It might be clearer if they said: "Bookings may be transferred to a Travel Agent only until 60 days after the date of creation. The request must be made prior to the Final Payment date and before the booking has been paid in full." And then include the final payment deadline schedules right below so there's no question.

I haven't had the issue arise, but most of my clients would rather pay later than sooner.:)

Also, RCI controls the transfer request, not the TA, so if RCI is willing to make the transfer, I would assume (silly me) that the commission would follow. The TA would get a commission for doing absolutely nothing other than forwarding the email that your documents are ready to print. Which is RCI wouldn't want to make the transfer - at that point it's not fair to the original agent (if there was one) and/or they don't want to pay a commission to a TA for doing nothing at all...

I know Carnival has some kind of 24 hours that they will actually transfer a booking if made after final payment, when you have to pay in full.

I think they only now allow 30 days though to transfer a new booking made before final payment, so again RCL is more lenient.

OP I think you are trying to read something into it not meant and wouldnt be allowed if you are past the 60 day limit.

Thanks for the responses, I appreciate the feedback!!

I have sent an email to RCCL asking if it is possible to transfer a reservation to Travel Agent if the reservation is paid in full. I will post their response when I receive it.

I have sent an email to RCCL asking if it is possible to transfer a reservation to Travel Agent if the reservation is paid in full. I will post their response when I receive it.

The 60 day limit to transfer booking to a TA from date it was created went into effect for all bookings made on or after 10/18/2010. I believe that any booking made prior to that date was not affected by the new transfer date, but I could be wrong. It will be interesting to see what RCI says in response to your email.

In the past we have transferred our booking from RCCL to a TA to get prepaid gratuities. I was not aware of the 60 day restriction, but now see it on the transfer form . The thing I find interesting is the following line from Transfer Form.

TIA

If I am reading this correctly, you want to use a TA to get pre-paid gratuities. I do not believe that you need a TA to get pre-paid gratuities and can add them on at anytime, including on-board.

I think that, if you have already paid in full, the booking cannot be transferred, even if you're outside of final payment.

It might be clearer if they said: "Bookings may be transferred to a Travel Agent only until 60 days after the date of creation. The request must be made prior to the Final Payment date and before the booking has been paid in full." And then include the final payment deadline schedules right below so there's no question.

I haven't had the issue arise, but most of my clients would rather pay later than sooner.:)

Also, RCI controls the transfer request, not the TA, so if RCI is willing to make the transfer, I would assume (silly me) that the commission would follow. The TA would get a commission for doing absolutely nothing other than forwarding the email that your documents are ready to print. Which is RCI wouldn't want to make the transfer - at that point it's not fair to the original agent (if there was one) and/or they don't want to pay a commission to a TA for doing nothing at all...

That is exactly correct....a paid in full booking can't be transfered.

If I am reading this correctly, you want to use a TA to get pre-paid gratuities. I do not believe that you need a TA to get pre-paid gratuities and can add them on at anytime, including on-board.

The OP is saying that the TA is PAYING the gratuities.

you are correct. I should have more clear and stated FREE prepaid gratuities, which is the reason for using a TA. We have done this many times in the past.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived