Cruising and getting CEUs?

Brittasbay

Anyone on the boards done CEU training in their given profession on a cruise? There is a company that offers CEUs in my field (up to 25 hours) that I could do on a 7 day cruise. I was wondering if anyone had any feedback on doing this as my colleagues and I are excited about the idea of cruising (fun, fun) and getting our CEUs (necessary evil of our careers that we struggle to make time for) at the same time.

Thanks!

Hi Brittasbay, I'm an RN, and I've talked about it several times with some girls at work, we all agree we would rather do the free or cheap CEU's and just go on a cruise with uninterupted Island Time!!! I think it's a fun idea, but darned expensive, you pay three times for an inside with CEU credits as you would with just a regular cruise AND you have to spend sea days in classes, ugh!!!

I know you could write it off of income tax, but still.......... meh I'm not gonna ruin my cruiseship nirvana for CEUs.

Cheers, Carole

I've done it the past two years. I'm a Realtor and our local Board has offered MCE at Sea classes on one of the other cruise lines. Even though there is a TA that handles the "group" I book my own cabin, which I can get cheaper and monitor the price. I also pick & choose the classes I take while onboard so I'm not spending ALL the sea days in class. (We can pick & pay for as many or as few as we choose).

I'll probably do it again next year if it's offered. Once I'm out of class, I'm still on a CRUISE! The write off is nice too. :rolleyes:

Cathy

When I needed CE's.... Didnt even think about it while I was cruising and didnt even think it was offered on a cruise back than.

Now that Ive cruised for all these years, not sure I would have, as I enjoy my sea days so much

Now If I could write off the whole cruise I would think about it;)

Hi Brittasbay, I'm an RN, and I've talked about it several times with some girls at work, we all agree we would rather do the free or cheap CEU's and just go on a cruise with uninterupted Island Time!!! I think it's a fun idea, but darned expensive, you pay three times for an inside with CEU credits as you would with just a regular cruise AND you have to spend sea days in classes, ugh!!!

I know you could write it off of income tax, but still.......... meh I'm not gonna ruin my cruiseship nirvana for CEUs.

Cheers, Carole

Actually the CEUs cost EXACTLY the same amount as taking them locally here in Atlanta. We would have to take days off from work anyways to take the CEUs locally which is why we are considering this at all. It would cost about $500 for an interior room with a roommate plus the $300 for the CEUs. We can drive to the port, no worries about airfare....

I have taken many tours with professional groups for CEU's, From China to Iceland to Greece...All over the world. The trip to Greece involved a four day cruise ...I always thought the cruises were a bit expensive, so never did one. The educational leaders were always very flexible about the meetings...Add some time in to interview a tourist about her broken arm on the bus from Jaipur to Agra; critique the experience of a tour member who broke her ankle in the Forbidden City...EM

Archived