Orator

Now frequently do you cruise?  

341 members have voted

1. 1. Now frequently do you cruise?

• Once per year
    • Several times per year
    • Once every two years
    • More than a 2 year gap between cruises

How frequently do you cruise? I am a frequent cruiser, about 8-9 per year, but bet that most who read thses boards cruise infrequently. I also assume that those who read these boards are probable more likely to cruise than those who don't. This might explain why we get upset at policies that don't appear to bother many that we meet on cruises.

anywhere from one to four times a year.

- Rick

Hi,

We have done 3 cruises each 2 years apart. However, we have booked September 2012 already. This does not mean we will book more regularly in the future. There is more to our vacations than cruising!!

Jim

Anywhere between 3 and 6 per year. Last year we had 5 cruises. Most of our cruises are longer than 7 days.

Wish we could sail as many times per year as you do, Orator! :D

My husband and I take two or three cruises a year, but also take land vacations as well. We have sailed on Italian line (which no longer exists), Royal Caribbean, NCL, Carnival, Holland America, Celebrity, and will be taking our first Disney cruise next year.

Everyone has different priorities, but I would rather take only two or three cruises a year in a spacious cabin with a balcony on a beautiful ship with a good itinerary than take more cruises in a small cabin on a less desirable ship. The last time we took a cruise without a balcony was over a decade ago and I wouldn't consider taking a cruise without a balcony no matter how cheap it was.

Actually, I clicked on more than once per year...

but, one of the choices oughta be, "Not Enough".

My DW has a deal with me.

She will GET OFF the ship only if I have

another cruise booked..so, to satisify that requirement for

her, I always book something onboard before we leave...

Next up, January 2012 and April 2012.

That keeps her happy..;)

How frequently do you cruise? I am a frequent cruiser, about 8-9 per year, but bet that most who read thses boards cruise infrequently. I also assume that those who read these boards are probable more likely to cruise than those who don't. This might explain why we get upset at policies that don't appear to bother many that we meet on cruises.

Now you are just showing off. I see you live in Florida, so I guess that makes is quite easy for you to cruise so often. That should certainly be a consideration in your poll.

Since we have to fly to almost any port, we cruise once a year. If cruise lines sailed out of Boston, it would probably be more like four times a year.

Florida 1/2 of the year. Probably cruising is one of the best reasons to be in Florida. I'm in PA the remainder of the year and actually fly to many cruises. I just love the Trans Atlantics, more time and usually less money.

We would also cruise more if closer to a port - right now we can easily drive to Mobile, AL or New Orleans - not much in the way of good choices from either port; however, if there is a great bargain it is worth it to have a week away!

Lately it's been averaging one about every 9 months or so. We don't just cruise though. Cruising has brought us to some amazing places - and then we've gone to some of those places and stayed a bit. Kauai comes to mind!

We also love to hike and explore in Colorado. We live an hour from New Orleans but there's just nothing out of there we'd like to do. We always have to fly to cruise...

For us, it's usually about 2-3 per year...but, this year 4 cruises...

But I really think how often someone cruises is really related to two major issues:

1) Working or Retired? If you still need to work for a living...like me...your ability to cruise is restricted by how much your job allows you to take the time off. Since I have been at my current job quite a while, I now get 25 vacation days plus two "personal holidays" per year--so I can cruise a bit more than those days when I got only two weeks per year! Retired folks have no restriction of this sort.

2) Where do you live? If you live near a cruise port, especially one that has short weekend cruises, you can pretty much and pretty cheaply jump on a cruise ship any time you want (especially if you live in South Florida)--so you probably cruise a lot more than someone who always has to fly to a cruise port...that's not easy and not inexpensive...When Royal Caribbean used to do 3 nighters out of Los Angeles, it was a quick and cheap getaway for me...now that only Carnival does it, I am more reluctant to go...If I lived in Miami or Fort Lauderdale, I'd probably add another 2-3 cruises a year just jumping on short weekend deals...

Other than that, I think MOST of us would like to cruise more...we just have those limitations...

When the economy is good, we average a cruise every 18 months. We'd love to cruise more often, but there are so few cruises in CA. Flying to Florida/New Jersey/Baltimore/New Orleans/Galviston plus a hotel doubles the price of a cruise for us.

Florida 1/2 of the year. Probably cruising is one of the best reasons to be in Florida. I'm in PA the remainder of the year and actually fly to many cruises. I just love the Trans Atlantics, more time and usually less money.

We cruised our first Mexican Riviera cruise back in April. Loved it. Wish it wasn't so darn expensive to fly to CA. Have you sailed Mexican Riviera yet? From comments I read, I sometimes think I am in the minority for loving that area.

We cruised our first Mexican Riviera cruise back in April. Loved it. Wish it wasn't so darn expensive to fly to CA. Have you sailed Mexican Riviera yet? From comments I read, I sometimes think I am in the minority for loving that area.

Yes, I've done several. On one, Richard Roundtree and Patrick Swayze and the fellow who played Elaine's boss on Seinfeld were also onboard. Only Roundtree really mixed with the guests.

Hi Orator,

Interesting Poll... but I think you should have had 2 more categories...

* Have never cruised... just doing research

* Am booked on my FIRST upcoming cruise

These two categories would probably tell a lot about those that Read Cruise Critic... AND you'd also have a good overview of those that love to Cruise, Cruise Regularly, or Cruise Frenquently

In my case, I am happy to say I recently moved from the *Doing Research* category to the *Booked my first upcoming cruise*... and am truly looking forward to it because of all the great info I'm getting off of these Boards, and the wonderful fellow Celebrity Cruisers I've already met on-line.

Cheers!

Once or twice a year. We did take a five year break once and really concentrated on land vacations. Now our goal, until retirement, a Caribbean cruise every winter (it's so much cheaper than a land based vac there!) and a Europe summer adventure as often as we can afford it. We plan on retiring to Florida eventually, in part to be able to drive to some of our cruises!

Hi Orator,

Interesting Poll... but I think you should have had 2 more categories...

* Have never cruised... just doing research

* Am booked on my FIRST upcoming cruise

These two categories would probably tell a lot about those that Read Cruise Critic... AND you'd also have a good overview of those that love to Cruise, Cruise Regularly, or Cruise Frenquently

In my case, I am happy to say I recently moved from the *Doing Research* category to the *Booked my first upcoming cruise*... and am truly looking forward to it because of all the great info I'm getting off of these Boards, and the wonderful fellow Celebrity Cruisers I've already met on-line.

Cheers!

Agree, but limited to 4 items. I would like to know that also.

Agree, but limited to 4 items. I would like to know that also.

FYI, the poll option defaults to 4, but can go as high as 14. I've done polls with 12 items. In case you weren't aware and post a poll again sometime. Or was there some other limitation I wasn't aware of?

Archived