April Vacation Trip for family

gail-s

DH's father wants to take a family trip next April. Both DH and StepMIL work in the public school system so it has to be over April Vacation. It's going to be 4 adults (32,33,46 and 51) and 3 kids (4,10 and 17).

DH and I have cruised before and actually were on Explorer of the Seas for it's first April Vacation cruise with 1300 passengers under the age of 18 (ouch!).

Does anyone have any recommendations as far as Carribean Islands that would be great for this diverse bunch?

Also, any experience with rooms for families? DH remembers seeing a Family Suite on one the ships, but, I can't seem to find them online. We're trying to figure out where to fit everyone, especially if the 17 yo brings a friend.

Thanks!

Gail

Yesterday I was looking at the Legend of the Seas. It leaves from Tampa and goes to Grand Caymen, Costa Maya, Belize City, and Cozumel.

We've been to Grand Caymen and Cozumel before, so, I thought the other two ports would be a good change.

You may need to talk to a travel agent directly to see if the family suite is available. I just booked a corner aft balcony cabin that was not showing available on any of the websites I checked. When I talked with my travel agent, they called RCL to see if the specific cabin we wanted was available. Luckily it was.

Archived