Cruise for mother and 2 teen girls, Never been on these two ships

dbrook34601

Hi everyone, I would absolutely LOVE to hear your thoughts and suggestions on a cruise for a mother who wants to take her two daughters age 18 and 14 on a cruise for bonding and fun time! I have been on two cruises in my life, one was Disney when they were very small, and the other was Carnival with hubby. This is girl time and I am very excited to do it. WE are planning for Sept Labor Day weekend coming up and my TWO OPTIONS are for me NCL or Monarch of the Seas with Royal Carribean. What is important to me is the fun family time, game shows, broadway shows, comedys, sight seeing etc....creating memoires that will last. We are not partying family, nor will I be gambling. So if anyone has been both or either of these two ships to Bahamas Port of Call, and can tell me what you liked or didn't like perhaps that will help me make up my mind since BOTH of these ships I have never been on! Thanks!:D

Assuming you will have all 3 of you in one cabin, Monarch has some teensy cabins...bear that in mind!` The smallest is 119 sq. ft (my closet is larger than that!) up to 157 for a Superior OV cabin. Check the deck plans for both ships....and go with the largest cabin you can....with 3 in a room, you'll appreciate the space!

As far as the ship's amenities and entertainment, you'll find both lines will have plenty of things for everyone to do.

I would look into the Voyager class ships from Royal CCL if I were you. They have a great indoor like mall, rock climbing, gorgeous ice shows or ice skating if you like. ts a girls dream ship if you ask me :-)

It is the Norwegian Sky Ship, and also I can only get away maybe 3-4 days. So that is why I have the choice between those ships. Carnival seems so party like and SO crowded that my hubby and I couldn't relax because in my opion they over book it. ??

We like the food better on RCCL and prefer them overall, but I must say there was a great game show pretty much every night on our last NCL cruise- NCL Star. They had a game show at least 5 out of 7 nights.

I'd say at least 3 were laugh out loud funny, but a bit "adult oriented". For example they asked 3 couples when was the last time you "made whoopie" ect. So it depends if you would be comfortable with your 14 year old hearing that. But they were funny!!!

P.S. the old people are always the funniest. One guy said "1965" and the wife hit him LOL

Which port are you wanting to sail from, because the NCL Sky sails from Miami and the Monarch sails from Port Canaveral. I'm going to go with Miami, since there isn't any short NCL cruises out of Canaveral at the time you are looking at. So the RCL ship would be the Monarch's sister ship, the Majesty. I wouldn't rule out the Carnival Imagination, which is sailing the same 3 days as the other 2 ships. All 3 ships are similarly sized, and will be similarly packed with people on a 3 day holiday weekend cruise. I think you'll find the cabins bigger on the Carnival ship though.

I also would give consideration to the Carnival Destiny which leaves a day earlier, and returns the same day as the others. It is a much larger ship with a lot more amenities and things going on and the cabins are a good size for 3 people.

Archived