Close connection from Allure to MIA- can I make it?

Hello all, any cruisers here have advice about connection times?

I am aiming to disembark the Allure on Sept 11, and then catch an international flight out of MIA at 10:50 AM the same day (sunday).

Can I make this connection easily?

What is the best means of travel from the Port to MIA airport?

I am thinking of a van/limo type service since we will be a party of 4 adults, a three year old and 8 month old.

Also, question, do the luggage valet service from suites deliver luggage to MIA?

Thanks for your help! and any other disembarkation strategies to get to MIA are welcome.

You can't use luggage valet if your flight is that early. I forget what the time break is, but it's definitely later than that.

Taxis are fast and cheap, relatively speaking, although you'll need a van cab.

You can't use luggage valet if your flight is that early. I forget what the time break is, but it's definitely later than that.

Taxis are fast and cheap, relatively speaking, although you'll need a van cab.

OK thank you for that,

Are all cabs equal or does anyone have a recommendation of van service to use....

Hello all, any cruisers here have advice about connection times?

I am aiming to disembark the Allure on Sept 11, and then catch an international flight out of MIA at 10:50 AM the same day (sunday).

Can I make this connection easily?

What is the best means of travel from the Port to MIA airport?

I am thinking of a van/limo type service since we will be a party of 4 adults, a three year old and 8 month old.

Also, question, do the luggage valet service from suites deliver luggage to MIA?

Thanks for your help! and any other disembarkation strategies to get to MIA are welcome.

We were on Oasis in June with a group of 21 people. 2 people from our party had an 11:00AM international flight out of MIA that morning, and they made it with no problem at all. Here's what we did:

- None of us were interested in doing the Express Departure where you carry your own bags. It was too hard since we had a lot of kids with us. We made sure to have the earliest luggage tags from the ship. Because we were Diamond members and suite guests, this was no problem. I believe the scheduled departure time from the ship was 6:50 - 7:10, but we ran a little late and didn't leave until about 7:15.

- We got off the ship and immediately had a porter help us with our luggage. He whisked us through customs, and deposited our luggage across the street in the bus holding area. This was all done by 7:40.

- We had arranged for a private mini bus to take us to the airport, and had asked the driver to be there at 8:00. He was there on time, and it took just a few minutes to pack everyone up. I'm not certain exactly what time we got to MIA, but it was probably a few minutes before 9:00.

The only mistake we made was using the Sky Cap service at MIA. It was slow, slow, slow because one Sky Cap wanted to deal with our entire group. We should have split up and gone inside. But for a smaller group, it might be okay.

Good luck!

We were on Oasis in June with a group of 21 people. 2 people from our party had an 11:00AM international flight out of MIA that morning, and they made it with no problem at all. Here's what we did:

- None of us were interested in doing the Express Departure where you carry your own bags. It was too hard since we had a lot of kids with us. We made sure to have the earliest luggage tags from the ship. Because we were Diamond members and suite guests, this was no problem. I believe the scheduled departure time from the ship was 6:50 - 7:10, but we ran a little late and didn't leave until about 7:15.

- We got off the ship and immediately had a porter help us with our luggage. He whisked us through customs, and deposited our luggage across the street in the bus holding area. This was all done by 7:40.

- We had arranged for a private mini bus to take us to the airport, and had asked the driver to be there at 8:00. He was there on time, and it took just a few minutes to pack everyone up. I'm not certain exactly what time we got to MIA, but it was probably a few minutes before 9:00.

The only mistake we made was using the Sky Cap service at MIA. It was slow, slow, slow because one Sky Cap wanted to deal with our entire group. We should have split up and gone inside. But for a smaller group, it might be okay.

Good luck!

This is really good advice, OP. Listen to the doctor. :D

Archived