Car Parking at Southhampton

Longislandtea

Personally we don't think the CPS prices are expensive and would never leave our car for so long in an unsecured car park.

We often stay at the De Vere Grand Harbour, where some cruisers leave their cars, and have seen car windows smashed and rain blowing in. I can only assume other hotels may have the same problem.

For peace of mind we would prefer to use secure parking with CPS.

We left our car in the Holiday Inn car park for 20 nights in January, no problems. We always go the day before the cruise, and the extra cost for parking was a bargain £40. I did select a well lit area covered by a CCTV camera when parking the car.

Richard

I have used the Hilton but you need to stay overnight there to qualify for the free parking option. Personally I now always use CPS, not least for the sheer convenience.

personally always used CPS. yes I agree they are a bit more expensive but for convenience I dont think they can be beaten. Basically drive up to the terminal beside the ship and you are met by their staff who unload your luggage and take your car away. When you arrive back its a short walk to pick your car up.

We'll be using the DeVere Grand Harbour for the 'Grand Event' 4-night cruise on Oriana next July. I booked a cruise parking package there yesterday. Not cheap at a minimum of £200, but it does include the room, breakfasts, up to eight nights' car parking and transfers.

Normally we use CPS and, like others, we've been happy. However this cruise doesn't qualify for free parking so we looked for an overall package. Strangely, the cruise parking package at the DeVere is cheaper than adding together the components: e.g. a room for one night (well, that night...) would be £155, not including breakfasts or anything else.

We did have one problem with CPS, although we don't know if it was actually with them. When we returned from an earlier cruise we found that the fog light on Val's car was broken - the glass was gone. However we didn't check the car properly before we left it at the start of the cruise so we don't actually know that it was OK when we left it with them, but to be honest I think we would have spotted it if it had been broken then; and they didn't draw our attention to it when we dropped it off. On return, Val spotted it as soon as we got to the car after the cruise.

We stayed in the IBIS hotel before the cruise and parked at CPS, the combined total being less than doing a hotel package at the ones already mentioned above.

I didn't like the idea of parking in unsecure cark park either, its not potential break in but also the other people constantly coming and going that could easily bump/scratch our car (just more chance than being left with other cars that are moving)

I have tried a few hotel stay and park and CPS. The latter I felt much more comfortable with. You drive to the ship unload the cases and the car is parked for you hassel free. On returning you walk to their cabin, pick up your keys walk a short distance to your car, load up and drive home. No waiting for taxis or minibuses to take you back to a hotel.

I am replying as we drive away from CPS at Ocean terminal. It took over 1 hour to get out of the car park. My advice - don't use it

I think it can be a good idea to get away as early as you can. On both of our last cruises we've used CPS. We self-disembarked at Ocean Terminal at around 7:30, were in our car about 15 minutes or so later, and were driving out of the car park by 8 o'clock. We heard from other people on our last cruise that the car park became very congested from around 10:30.

I am replying as we drive away from CPS at Ocean terminal. It took over 1 hour to get out of the car park. My advice - don't use it

I've never ever had a problem getting out of Ocean Terminal car park, or any of the others, used Ocean about 6 times alone since it was built a couple of years ago. What time were you leaving? Any idea why it took a hour to get out? Usually it flows pretty well, as people are disembarking, looking for luggage, making their way to car park, getting car keys, we just drive out.

I have to say I hate the Ocean CT car park - only because I can never find the exit. It has to be the worst sign-posted exit in history ! You can't even see the exit lanes. (well I can't !)

Fortunately I've only had to use it about twice as the ships I prefer tend to use City or Mayflower Terminals.

At least you were in your own car, imagine waiting for a taxi, the same wait to get out and then having to unload from the taxi to your car, no thanks.

Hi, I have found the best solution is to drive to southampton the night before and stay in the ibis hotel, its cheap and clean! Your vertually opposite the dock. 2 weeks Parking is included and I think it cost us about £115 last year for 3 of us. Leave all of your stuff in the car and get the reception to book you a taxi in the morning for what ever you embarcation time is. Taxi cost us a fiver and we didnt have to queue for parking which looked like a nightmare!!! hope this helps

Hi, I have found the best solution is to drive to southampton the night before and stay in the ibis hotel, its cheap and clean! Your vertually opposite the dock. 2 weeks Parking is included and I think it cost us about £115 last year for 3 of us. Leave all of your stuff in the car and get the reception to book you a taxi in the morning for what ever you embarcation time is. Taxi cost us a fiver and we didnt have to queue for parking which looked like a nightmare!!! hope this helps

I would never leave all of my stuff in the car. I know too many people who have had things stolen this way.

Has anyone used the Meet and Greet service for a cruise?

Our cruise leaves from one area and returns to another. So meet and greet would be better than taking a coach from the car park, or on return.

Archived