Solstice Cabin 9223 bump out

Chris's girl

First time posting here. :)

We booked this cabin for an April 1st 2012 cruise.

A review I read said that the end of the "X" on the front of the bump out

covers part of this balcony and that you cannot see through it. Has anyone had this cabin and could give me their thoughts? Thank you!

Have not been in this exact cabin..... we had booked a cabin with the infamous X blocking the balcony.... this is how I found out about it.... (we moved our reservation to an "un"blocked balcony) - might work for you

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=911018

Once at this thread - do a thread search for your cabin #.....

Thread (sticky) where everyone posts their cabin #'s and experiences with said cabin.......

Hope this helps.

First time posting here. :)

We booked this cabin for an April 1st 2012 cruise.

A review I read said that the end of the "X" on the front of the bump out

covers part of this balcony and that you cannot see through it. Has anyone had this cabin and could give me their thoughts? Thank you!

Chris's girl' date='

This picture from the quoted thread should answer your question. The covering on the left 1/3 or this veranda (above the left chair) is what you are questioning? Doesn't appear to be a real problem.[/size']

2478113630080150150S600x600Q85.jpg

Chris's Girl,

You should think about changing staterooms once again. The photo is a picture of a 1A (with extended balcony). On your 4/1 voyage, the difference in price p/p from the cabin you currently have to a 1A. Additionally (as I am typing this), there are a large number of these 1A's available including 9237, 9239, 9292 & 9294 on the deck you are currently booked on.

Having occupied a 1A on a couple of cruises, I can tell you, the money would be well spent. The balcony is truly large.

No issues with sight lines. Compare with the other picture.

DSCN0290-L.jpg

WE are booked on a 1A-cabin 9284. It is exactly in the middle of the bump out on the 9th deck. We got a discount for senior's last week as we were originally booked on deck seven at the very end on the starboard side. I was looking at the cruise critic roll call and saw a discount might have been available so I immediately called Celebrity and got us switched and saved $400 per person for cabin 9284.

Has anyone had this cabin.

Please advise.

Thanks.

If you look again at the picture you will see that the "X" doesn't block the balcony.....but rather is a relective surface, much like a mirror. So it does impair being able to see out -instead giving you a view of what's behind you.

again, if you want to know details about your cabin choice.....go back to my previous post and click on the link to the sticky thread regarding cabin info.

If you look again at the picture you will see that the "X" doesn't block the balcony.....but rather is a relective surface, much like a mirror. So it does impair being able to see out -instead giving you a view of what's behind you.

again, if you want to know details about your cabin choice.....go back to my previous post and click on the link to the sticky thread regarding cabin info.

texancruzer - I have used that thread a lot in determining just what cabins I would like. Unfortunately, not all cabins are listed . . . . . . including Grumpy100's cabin 9284. Its' port side counterpart 9229 is likewise not listed in the thread.

WE are booked on a 1A-cabin 9284. It is exactly in the middle of the bump out on the 9th deck. We got a discount for senior's last week as we were originally booked on deck seven at the very end on the starboard side. I was looking at the cruise critic roll call and saw a discount might have been available so I immediately called Celebrity and got us switched and saved $400 per person for cabin 9284.

Has anyone had this cabin.

Please advise.

Thanks.

Grumpy100,

Your cabin 9284 is not a 1A cabin, but a 1B. This ONLY matters in the size of the balcony/veranda. 1A's being on the angle in front of and aft of the humps have larger veranda's. Sometimes 2 - 3 times larger. You might want to check with you travel agent and see if one of these cabins are available in your new price range (you will pay a few dollars more p/p, but, IMO, worth it). One other thing is none of the 1A's are affected by the X on Solstice.

We're in 8240 in Jan. Is that cabin blocked by the "X" ? I didn't even know that any of those on the "hump" cabins would be blocked???

Judy,

This was a little harder to verify. However I found a video on youtube that shows the X "film" that is being discussed.

freeze it at 1:25 - 1:27 and you can see the X quite clearly. Your cabin - 8240 - is three decks above the white railing. You will notice an open door (darker appearing). Your cabin is just forward (to the right) 2 cabins. It looks like you will have the film covering 1/2 of the verandah.

As mentioned in this and other threads, some folks do not like this effect, and it doesn't bother others.

texancruzer - I have used that thread a lot in determining just what cabins I would like. Unfortunately, not all cabins are listed . . . . . . including Grumpy100's cabin 9284. Its' port side counterpart 9229 is likewise not listed in the thread.

Hopefully, the more people that know about this sticky thread, the more that will come back and post their cabin.....someday it will have them all on it !!! :D

Hopefully, the more people that know about this sticky thread, the more that will come back and post their cabin.....someday it will have them all on it !!! :D

One could only hope. It would be nice though.

• 4 months later...
We're in 8240 in Jan. Is that cabin blocked by the "X" ? I didn't even know that any of those on the "hump" cabins would be blocked???

We are booked in 8240 on April 30 Eastern Med. Did you end up in this cabin? Did it have the X? It looks like in the video it does. Is it just like frosted glass? Any worries I should be aware of? Thanks in advance!

Also, dumb question - in the video if I wanted to move two rooms to the left off the "X" numbers going down or up?

We are booked in 8240 on April 30 Eastern Med. Did you end up in this cabin? Did it have the X? It looks like in the video it does. Is it just like frosted glass? Any worries I should be aware of? Thanks in advance!

Also, dumb question - in the video if I wanted to move two rooms to the left off the "X" numbers going down or up?

The "X" was only on Solstice, not on the other Solstice Class ships, so no issue on Equinox.

Thank you so much for your help. I ended up switching to 9231. Same price - no obstruction at all. I did find that picture when I did what was suggested.

Good choice. I stayed in 9223 (that's my picture ;)) and the reflection had a lot to do with the angle you looked at it. Looking straight on' date=' you could see through it, but the difference was very noticable. Here's a couple more pics. If you'd like, you can click on any of these pics to see my whole Solstice album:

2512477490080150150S600x600Q85.jpg

2160079470080150150S600x600Q85.jpg

Archived