Children on Millenium?

jarand

We are considering a 5 day Western Caribbean cruise on Millie in October. We will have our 4 and 6 year old granddaughters. Any insight on the facilities and programs for kids on Millie would be appreciated!

(Our other option is Carnival Triumph out of Galveston)

Thanks!

Although we don't have young children, we were on the Millenium in early April for a 10 day cruise and we saw no more than maybe 20 kids (and that's being generous--it was probably less!). I would think that in October, not being a holiday time, you wouldn't have a large number of kids on the Millenium. It is a shorter cruise so that might help but I would think you would do better on Carnival. Just a thought. Millenium just seems to be a bit older crown as far as I could tell. We loved it, but with kids, you might want to think about it.

we were on the millennium in january and i would say that there were maybe 5 kids on board - of course it was a 10 night cruise - but even so it was definitely an older crowd - we are in our early 30s and we felt really young

While Celebrity does have a children's program, overall they are more of an adult oriented line than Carnival and Royal Caribbean which cater far more to families. There likely will be more to do for the young ones if you opt for Carnival vs. Celebrity.

They will love it - there are lovely kids clubs on Celebrity, and swimming pools, and the staff will make them so welcome, our kids love cruising! There is an ice cream station in the buffet restaurant, and a cinema, all sorts - don't give it a second thought, we found the kids club to be very spacious and well set up with all kinds of toys and activities to keep any child happy - and of course you will be getting off the ship to go and explore lovely places too! have fun x

I was also on that 10 night cruise on Millie in January. It was great. Wish they still did 10 night cruises out of San Juan this January. Kids? That cruise was in the midst of January when there was no school vacation. That's why there wasn't many kids on board. I saw some.....little ones (adorable) and older ones ( shame on their parents for taking them out of school) If you want lots of kids, book during school vacation times. I've been on school holiday cruises that had 500+ kids . In May, my kids took a cruise with my grandkids. The 4 year old had a great time in the kids program. There were only a few kids on the cruise. The kids program on X will delight your kid anytime of the year.

Agree that Celebrity is not as kid-oriented as Carnival or RCI, but at the same time with kids that young I would guess you don't want them spending the majority of their time at a kids program anyway (as opposed to older kids, who perhaps would want more activities). If they are like most kids that age, they will be thrilled to spend most of their time with grandma and grandpa at the pool! (although be advised that they are not permitted in the T-pool, which is the only warm pool on M class ships, except for the whirlpools. That said, I have heard rumors of X opening up the T-pool to kids for a couple hours a day if the weather is inclement. Have not experienced that so maybe others could comment if they know for sure). Have traveled on a number of cruises with my son from the age of 3, most on Celebrity, and he has always had a great time. I'm sure you would do this already, but I would suggest bringing a handful of quiet time things like drawing/coloring stuff, some of their favorite books, and a couple of portable games you could play with them as usually the game rooms only have a couple choices such as Scrabble - way too old for them.

Thanks everyone. We went with Carnival since this is really intended to be a family fun trip. Plus, it was less expensive considering airfare and all. We will definitely try Celebrity another time!

Archived