Solstice Jan. 29th.

IrishLassie

I noticed on the Celebrity Solstice Jan. 29th. roll call that not many people have joined?? Isn't anyone else going? :confused:

I'm going today to put my deposit, YEA :D Hope more people will sign up so we can have a M&M on the ship.

Hi IrishLassie,

I am sailing the Solstice two weeks ahead of you (January 15th) and so far our Roll Call only has 4 Couples signed-in. I booked our cruise a Month ago... Two Weeks ago, and it wasn't even on the list... so I created the Roll Call.

I'm new to Cruise Critic / Celebrity so I'm not sure how popular January Cruises are with CC Members (by all accounts my cruise is increasing in price, and demand / bookings are up... so that is a good sign).

Living in Canada, I think that when it comes to January cruises perhaps a lot of Northerners (including the US Border States) book last minute. I know we've done that with other holidays in the past... come the week after New Years, and the Winter Blahs and the DEEP FREEZE arrives (-20s or worse) and the urge to have a Winter Vacation in the sunshine just takes hold. :eek:

From what I've read in order to have a Meet & Greet you have to have the magic number of 25 registered prior to the cruise with Celebrity (is the deadline 2 weeks?) ... BUT that pool of people comes out of CC Members, or those who bother to read about CC and Celebrity Connections on the Ship Info Webpages.

Sadly not every one who cruises is a member of CC... (their loss really). As I can't believe how great this website is... in my short time as a CC Member I have learned an absolute ton about Cruisin, my Ship, Ports of Call etc. So although this will be my first cruise I feel so psyched (lol, ok truth be told... I felt that from the minute we booked :D ) BUT also so well prepared it is incredible. The CC TIPS that I've learned almost guarantees that we are going to have an amazing vacation... not to mention save money !!

We are still about 6 Months away from cruising... so hopefully our Roll Calls will pick up in popularity soon... and come January you and I will be laughing about this post... and how our individual Meet & Greets are destined to be be HUGE !!

;):)

On a CC friendship note...

As I cruise the same Itinerary two weeks before you do... I'll be sure to give you a TripReport of how it all was on our cruise when I get back.

:)

Cheers!

Thanks so much for the reply. Your so right about these boards. I too have gotten SO MUCH info from others, and I always tell cruisers to join CC. I'm sure you will LOVE Solstice. As you can see this will be our 2nd. time on her, we just fell in love with this ship.

Will look forward to your post after your cruise. :o) Happy Cruising.

Archived