Restaurant near ship

gschwartz001

yuck- thats a terrible time frame.

If you are sailing at 7:30 you will need to be onboard by 7pm.

eating at 6--- way too close- suppose if you get a slow server.

Arubans do not move to the speed of a US expectation.

--

what did you wind up doing in Aruba

We are looking for suggestions for a restaurant close to the pier preerably in walking distance. Since we need to be aboard by 7:30, we need a place that opens by 5:30/6. Please email me if you have recommendations - gail.s.schwartz@us.pwc.com. We are in Aruba tomorrow. Thanks!

:confused: Why ask for a private e-mail?

Why not have suggestions shared here for all of us?

There used to be a wonderful restaurant that was in business for years within easy walk of the ship. It was called Chez Mathilda. It closed recently so maybe something good opened in its place?

I see it's too late for you s you've already been to Aruba and left.

If you found a good place, hope you'll share the recommendation.

Hope you had a great cruise.

Iguana Joe's is a few blocks from the pier and is realtively inexpensive. You can google their web site. They also own Smokey Joes which is near the high rise hotel section. Ribs, chicken burgers, etc. The in town place is on the second floor overlooking the main street. They are open for lunch and dinner and do not close in between, so you can eat when you want.

Cilo is good. It is just a short walk, located by the Renaissance Marina. Barefoot is a new restaurant, getting good reviews. Also, El Gaucho has great steaks, and Cooks, near El Gaucho's is very good. You can also go to Pincho's, not too far from the ship, but you might want to take a taxi. Out of all of these, Pincho's is my favorite, but the service might be a little slower than what you need. Iguana Joe's gets very busy when the ships are in town because it is located across from the pier. I've eaten there the past two times I was in Aruba, and the food is ok, not great.

Archived