Oceania nautica cabin #8012??

dimiegirl

Hello. I was wondering if anyone could give my some information on cabin #8012 on the nautica. from the deck plan, it seems to be fairly midship on deck 8 which is good for my motion sickness. However, I do have a couple of concerns. It is right next to the elevator and right under the waves bar on deck 9. Could anyone who has been on this ship/stayed in or near this room tell me if the elevator and/or the noise from the waves pool will be of significant concern. If so, maybe we will invest in a noise reduction machine to bring on board but I would like other's expertise opinion before we do. Also Is deck 8 in general, a good deck to be on? ANy information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!:)

Hello. I was wondering if anyone could give my some information on cabin #8012 on the nautica. from the deck plan, it seems to be fairly midship on deck 8 which is good for my motion sickness. However, I do have a couple of concerns. It is right next to the elevator and right under the waves bar on deck 9. Could anyone who has been on this ship/stayed in or near this room tell me if the elevator and/or the noise from the waves pool will be of significant concern. If so, maybe we will invest in a noise reduction machine to bring on board but I would like other's expertise opinion before we do. Also Is deck 8 in general, a good deck to be on? ANy information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!:)

We did Stockholm to London on the Nautica in '09, with Stans' college German club, and 8012 was the cabin that the "kids" used, so we are very familiar with it.

183428.jpg

211147.jpg

Actually, the elevator lobby is about 20 feet from the cabin door, so you don't get much noise from people at all.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS-qfiDr8317mid_MeVVTxuTWbOXvwuw6XFNikk6MUb3qNnot_Y The Waves bar only has about 5 stools, so don't expect huge party noises from there either.

If you are pool or buffet people, you will probably enjoy deck 8 because you can easily run up or down at a moments notice.

If you intend, (as many non concierge passengers do), to bring something hot back to the cabin for breakfast before a day ashore, you will find deck 8 very convenient.

JimandStan,

Thanks so much for taking the time to post such a detailed explanation with pics! I feel so much better now about our location!! Thanks so much for the peace of mind (and the savings on the noise reduction machine):)

I just sailed on Nautica in June and stayed on deck 8 near the stairwell and elevator, and I never noticed noise. I found the location to be fantastic. I loved the quick access to Horizons, the spa and the internet room. I ended up getting a day pass to the spa deck more than once. The thalossotherapy pool is a wonderful way to rejuvenate tired legs! Also: If Nevenka is your stewardess, she's awesome and will take great care of you!

It was my first cruise and I wish I was still onboard. Loved every minute. Enjoy!

(This is my first post, by the way. Hope it works!)

I just sailed on Nautica in June and stayed on deck 8 near the stairwell and elevator, and I never noticed noise. I found the location to be fantastic. I loved the quick access to Horizons, the spa and the internet room. I ended up getting a day pass to the spa deck more than once. The thalossotherapy pool is a wonderful way to rejuvenate tired legs! Also: If Nevenka is your stewardess, she's awesome and will take great care of you!

It was my first cruise and I wish I was still onboard. Loved every minute. Enjoy!

(This is my first post, by the way. Hope it works!)

Hello go go girl, Thanks for posting your recent experience on deck 8. Do you remember the room number? Also, do you remember how much it costs to use the thalossotherapy pool? Do you have to buy a day pass just to use the pool? Thanks so much for your imput!:)

Also, do you remember how much it costs to use the thalossotherapy pool? Do you have to buy a day pass just to use the pool? Thanks so much for your imput!:)

You can use it for 1 hr prior or post spa treatment

I was just on Nautica and found the rooms to be very quiet and well insulated. I occasionally heard the toilet flush from the cabin next door and that was only when I was in our bathroom. If worried about Waves Bar being above you at nite and noise. I would not worry about it. I was on the ship 12 days and the type of people who sail on Oceania are not partyers. They are a VERY mature crowd. I would guess the average age to be 65-70. Sorry, don't know about the elevator noise, but I was on 8th deck maybe 4 cabins from elevator and never heard them.

Archived