800 number Carnival scam???

Tree Hugger

I got a postcard today promising a free 7-day cruise on CCl, the fine print did say that the promotion was not affiliated with CCL but they were a "Major Sponsor"". I googled the number (855-875-9400) and got only a few results (mostly negative speculation) and tried to call but only got a busy signal.

Has anyon else tried this special/scam???

I got a postcard today promising a free 7-day cruise on CCl, the fine print did say that the promotion was not affiliated with CCL but they were a "Major Sponsor"". I googled the number (855-875-9400) and got only a few results (mostly negative speculation) and tried to call but only got a busy signal.

Has anyon else tried this special/scam???

My sister got one of those 2 months back. She thought I had put her name on a mailing list(I didn't.) & we have been talking about taking a cruise together next year. Told her to throw it away.

You probably have to attend a 90 minute presentation for a time share before you actually get the free cruise. We have gotten these in the past.

If it's the same one I got, throw it away, burn it,or flush it down the toilet. It is a BIG rip-off.

They promise a free cruise, but on their terms and conditions. It's not free, they require you to pay a sum of money to get a voucher that you send in along with the dates you want to cruise. However, there is no guarantees that you will get those dates and you will only be notified within a couple of weeks before you plan to sail.

I went to their presentation. It was to jooin a vacation club that promises all kinds of discounts on a variety of hotels, motels, resorts, cruise ships and air fares, but at a price!

I knew going in that it was probably a rip off but went anyway just to hear what they had to say. By the time it was over, I had THEM convinced that I was going to join. I had a great time playing with them and they were extremely PO'd for me wasting THEIR time. :D

Archived