Iceland

meow!

Can those of you who are on the Marina around Iceland now post to let us know how has it been? How is the weather, the sea, etc.? We are going on a similar itinerary on Azamara Journey next month and would like to know everything there is to know.

Also, just curious, how full is your voyage, at what occupancy percentage? Thank you.

Iceland was exceptionally good. The weather was cool and sunny. The locals said it was unusual to have such nice weather.

Reykjavik was warmer than Isafjodur.

We used Viator for a full day tour in Reykjavik that included a trip to the Blue lagoon and a city tour. My wife was enthralled with the Blue Lagoon. We would have enjoyed a longer stay there.

Make sure you take warm clothing. I had a Gore Tex waterproof jacket that worked well in Bergen.

• 4 weeks later...

We are sailing on the jewel of the sea in august 31,2012 . One of our ports of call is Reykjavik for 2 days. Has anyone used a local tour company? We are looking fro recommendations

Thank you

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, Iceland was extremely nice, especially when there was a nice weather. We rent a car by IcelandOnlline.com (they have a special part I think called Cruise Tours/Trips or something like that) and went for a Golden Circle Tour: Gulfoss, Geysir and Pariament. Some of my friends went to Blue Lagoon and they were quite amazed of the place.f

Archived